2023 Honda Transalp

knyte

He's certainly pushing it.

I'll never approach that type of thrashing with mine.

• Thumbsup 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• 3 months later...

The more I ride mine the more I like it.  Every bike has its shortfalls.   You either learn to live with it or learn to fix it.  My Veridian cruise control should arrive soon so that'll be one thing crossed off the list.  Don't know of I'd even bother with getting an ECU flash, if one comes available. I don't think it runs that bad.

04_16_2024.thumb.jpg.5c2591c5070bb49edfda02571c5c7a24.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

Actually,  I thought the worst part of that video was the amount of time Ryan spent talking about the WhateverCam 360.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ride365 said:

I am still floored that factory CC isn't an option. 

So much speculation (and whining 😉) about the lack of CC.   Like I mentioned though, the Veridian system is affordable.   There's other, more upscale, CC options too.  Like most bikes, there's lots of areas of the bike to upgrade/modify to make it suit you.  I bet there's a lot of people that buy bikes and just ride them as they are from the dealership ... until they start hanging out on forums and "learn" about all the bike's shortcomings.   😁

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Heavy said:

So much speculation (and whining 😉) about the lack of CC.   Like I mentioned though, the Veridian system is affordable.   There's other, more upscale, CC options too.  Like most bikes, there's lots of areas of the bike to upgrade/modify to make it suit you.  I bet there's a lot of people that buy bikes and just ride them as they are from the dealership ... until they start hanging out on forums and "learn" about all the bike's shortcomings.   😁

Any shortcomings are always in the eyes of the beholder, but factory cruise "for me" is now something I can't ride without. Doubt there are alot of people that buy motorcycles and keep them dealership stock for long, and that was occurring long long before forums. ;) 

I really like the Trans Alp overall and it should be a homerun for Honda, sounds like you are liking your choice of machine as well. 

• Supporting Member
30 minutes ago, Heavy said:

I completely understand your thought process on this but for a bike that has available top box and panniers, (it's technically an adventure-tourer) I have to agree with @Ride365  the one glaring omission is cruise control.

Not just the Transalp but any modern bike of any displacement with throttle by wire.  Why not include it as a standard feature like ride modes?  Some riders may never use them but having them available sure is a nice feature for those who do use them.

Its great that a company like Veridian is offering a relatively low cost option, post up your thoughts after you have it installed and used it for awhile.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

23 hours ago, Ride365 said:

Any shortcomings are always in the eyes of the beholder, but factory cruise "for me" is now something I can't ride without. Doubt there are alot of people that buy motorcycles and keep them dealership stock for long, and that was occurring long long before forums. ;) 

I really like the Trans Alp overall and it should be a homerun for Honda, sounds like you are liking your choice of machine as well. 

Theory is that Honda is trying not to step on Africa Twin sales by equipping the Transalp too well.  Basic suspension,  no CC, no IMU, etc.

• Thumbsup 2

On 4/20/2024 at 8:03 PM, Ride365 said:

My 900 GT was the first bike I've owned with cruise, and I loved it.  The lack of cruise was, almost, a deal breaker for me with theTransalp.  I use cruise all the time in any vehicle and I'm looking forward to getting my Veridian kit.

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, miweber929 said:

Since my Tracer, cruise is now in the mandatory column along with factory heated grips. 

...and quickshifter, etc etc etc.  😁

• Thumbsup 1