2023 Honda Transalp

knyte

• Premium Member

What am I incorrect about or don't know?  I did my due diligence. It's as tall if not taller and according to your specs weighs a far bit more.  It has less power and torque, no cc, a big front wheel and much smaller tire contact patches, etc

If it fits your need and desires, great!  But don't jump on me when I am just stating the facts, mam. (Dragnet)

By no means is the FJ and it's later brotheren decidedly better, more like apples and pears.

So enjoy and chillax!

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, Heavy said:

Seat height is the same as my 2020 Tracer 900 GT.  Also, Honda has a factory low seat (-20mm available).  Maybe read a little more.  Not telling you to like the bike but don't shoot down what you don't know.

Tracer

GTinfo.jpg.9a1a62eb02ce6340b252cf56ee7d196a.jpg

Transalp

TAseat.jpg.137b3b051433a2faaf5fa82026dcb2a1.jpg

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/honda/xl750-transalp/2023/

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/yamaha/tracer-900gt/2018/

He is a very opinionated fella if you haven't noticed before?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

according to your specs weighs a far bit more

Reread those specs, if you would.

The Transalp is 458 lbs where the Tracer is 501.

I am chill and I am very much enjoying the bike.

• Thumbsup 3

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

1 hour ago, Ride365 said:

Certainly noticed. 

Opinions are like assholes ... we all have them but, because you have one it doesn't mean you have to be one.  😆

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Ride365 said:

I have developed my opinions over the last 50+ years based on hands-on experience both in maintenance, modification, design and manufacturing.

I'm not interested in getting into a passing match (I'd loose given the 4 prostate procedures, I've had) but Heavy's data paste lists a higher weight than my 15, which was 470 wet, within spitting distance of the TA.

Regardless, I'm not being disrespectful, something you and Heavy can't necessarily say...

• Haha 1

Can't speak for Ride365 but I know I don't enjoy the way you pontificate on most topics that come up.

Should I simply bow to your superior intellect and experience?

UZwXUe64RxarBR4alhG1_bow_down.jpg

Oh, and not to be pedantic but that would be a pissing match you refuse to get in, not a passing match. 

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Regardless, I'm not being disrespectful, something you and Heavy can't necessarily say...

With all due respect, in case you haven't realized it, you do come across very disrespectful, more so than pretty much anyone else on the forum. 

You are not the only one with experience that transcends decades, lot's of us have as well, and may of us have owned dozens of bikes and ridden probably over 200 over the years and our opinions are just as valid. But when we give it you just tell everyone how wrong they are. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I have developed my opinions over the last 50+ years based on hands-on experience both in maintenance, modification, design and manufacturing.

I'm not interested in getting into a passing match (I'd loose given the 4 prostate procedures, I've had) but Heavy's data paste lists a higher weight than my 15, which was 470 wet, within spitting distance of the TA.

I was being a gentleman, anyone who knows me would agree. See what you did again, you are flexing as usual and piss on so many postings here. The smartest and most intelligent people I have ever met or gotten to know, would never tell you their resume or experience......the proof is in the pudding. You love that bike of yours to death, you come across as that anything other than "your fastest red" is just not up to snuff or is inferior. You're an interesting guy I'll give ya that, so in saying all of that........have a wonderful day.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Some folks don't fit social norms.  We have a fellow at work who, if you don't understand who he is or his character, offends nearly everyone.  He doesn't mean to, it's just how we normies interpret him.

We're all different!

• Thumbsup 3

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
15 hours ago, Heavy said:

Much narrower down low so easier to manage when stopped or paddling around, for me.

How does it feel between the knees when underway? The seat on the TA looks more IN than ON the bike... does it feel fatter or narrower than the Tracer? Fatter would be gooder, for me. 🙂

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

46 minutes ago, piotrek said:

How does it feel between the knees when underway? The seat on the TA looks more IN than ON the bike... does it feel fatter or narrower than the Tracer? Fatter would be gooder, for me. 🙂

Yup ... in, less than on.  I definitely had more room to shift forward and back on the Tracer.  Feels much more natural between the knees, for me.  Not sure if it's because it's easier to position my heels or just that the tank is wider at the back.

I'd be happy to let you sit on it if you're up in this area (no keys in the ignition though 🤪).

Okay.  Just did a little research ... think the knee difference for me is due to footpeg location.  On the Tracer, my thighs angle down more than the TA so my knees don't nestle the back of the tank ... and I have the lower seat on my TA which adds to the angle because my butt is another 20cm lower.

seat.thumb.jpg.a0ecf75460290bcdd9672d1c10707ba6.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ride365 said:

How sweet is the engine, I hear it's an absolute gem and sounds pretty throaty too? 

Yup 😊

Edited by Heavy