2023 Honda Transalp

knyte

• Supporting Member
13 hours ago, miweber929 said:

Man, I am intrigued by this bike. I love the Tracer but it’s not really fulfilling the role I actually bought it for. Might be time to shake things up a bit……

LOL... the drum beats a little louder now for sure. I think I will cool my heels a bit and wait for kinks to get ironed out with this first gen release. The TA forum will be good to follow in the meantime. Great to see it hit our market for sure.

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

10 hours ago, miweber929 said:

Man, I am intrigued by this bike. I love the Tracer but it’s not really fulfilling the role I actually bought it for. Might be time to shake things up a bit……

Worked for me.  😉

• Haha 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

31 minutes ago, piotrek said:

LOL... the drum beats a little louder now for sure. I think I will cool my heels a bit and wait for kinks to get ironed out with this first gen release. The AT forum will be good to follow in the meantime. Great to see it hit our market for sure.

It has been out in Europe for a year and the base architecture (Hornet) a year prior to that.  Think the kinks should be ironed ... at least I hope so. 

• Thumbsup 3

8 hours ago, Heavy said:

It has been out in Europe for a year and the base architecture (Hornet) a year prior to that.  Think the kinks should be ironed ... at least I hope so. 

It's a Honda, it won't have any kinks.

Edited by OZVFR
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member
On 10/24/2023 at 1:21 AM, Heavy said:

Really miss having cruise control but, beyond that, I feel the Transalp is a far better fit for me.

With the Tracer being the exception, its a shame that you can't get a "full spec" Japanese bike unless its 1,000cc or larger.

I would love to see optional top-spec models available for 650-900cc bikes like Versys, V-strom, Hornet, Transalp, Z900, Tracer 700, GSX 8S etc.

• Thumbsup 5

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, piotrek said:

Nah... Honda isn't immune to kinks. I am lurking over at the NT1100 forum... there's kinks.

Agreed, I read the NT1100 forum as well and the bike has its share of "kinks".

As refined as the Africa Twin is, it also has its share of quirks and imperfections, though having owned (myself and immediate family currently own 4 Honda motorcycles) numerous Honda vehicles and products since I was a kid, 'overall' they are damn reliable.

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 hours ago, betoney said:

Agreed, I read the NT1100 forum as well and the bike has its share of "kinks".

As refined as the Africa Twin is, it also has its share of quirks and imperfections, though having owned (myself and immediate family currently own 4 Honda motorcycles) numerous Honda vehicles and products since I was a kid, 'overall' they are damn reliable.

😱 quirks and imperfections?

Honda's don't have quirks, just character traits.

And if they have kinks, its obviously because some KTM or Harley parts got mixed in by their suppliers 😜

Reminds me about a conversation with a Harley owner when I asked what the point of having mirrors was when the bike vibrated so much. He stated that Harleys didn't vibrate, they power pulsed.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Got to sit on a 2024 TransAlp today at Martin Moto in Boyertown PA. It had heated Grips installed from the factory even though they weren't evident at first. (They were available through the menu with no switches on the grips themselves.) Not sure if it's a 23/24 thing, but it seems it's only some of the European bikes that come without? It wasn't that bad for me with a 29" inseam, something the optional low seat may help with.

Top Sellerie out of France has a seat out too.

Top Sellerie TransAlp seat.jpg

14 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

Got to sit on a 2024 TransAlp today at Martin Moto in Boyertown PA. It had heated Grips installed from the factory even though they weren't evident at first. (They were available through the menu with no switches on the grips themselves.) Not sure if it's a 23/24 thing, but it seems it's only some of the European bikes that come without? It wasn't that bad for me with a 29" inseam, something the optional low seat may help with.

Top Sellerie out of France has a seat out too.

Top Sellerie TransAlp seat.jpg

For 2023 & 2024 models, the heated grips are an option.

I have the low seat on my Transalp and I can almost flatfoot with a 30" inseam.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not looking forward getting to the air filter ... especially the first time. Figure it'll be similar to my old V-Strom ... inconvenient, but no big deal once you've done it once or twice. 

Think I got out for my last, last ride of the season last Thursday.  It's getting too cold ... I had to use my mini torch on the lock on my utility trailer this morning to thaw it.

20231118_075727.thumb.jpg.ae81aec28878d5d0740be6aa2942f800.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

• 3 weeks later...

I do like Zack's reviews and it's kinda cool that he's pretty impressed with the TA.

Have to agree that it's on the top of my ratings board too.  😁

• Thumbsup 3

On 12/10/2023 at 6:58 AM, Heavy said:

I do like Zack's reviews and it's kinda cool that he's pretty impressed with the TA.

Have to agree that it's on the top of my ratings board too.  😁

That was a good review, must say I am starting to overall dig that bike. Were I to add another bike to the garage along side my Tracer, going back to an ADV machine, I'd be hard pressed to pass that up. 

• Thumbsup 1