Goodbye to my 2019 Tracer 900 GT and to the Forum

8 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

Just followed the link in your previous post.

Ahhhh … when I posted that they had not put it online yet so I didn’t know the price. They only put it up today with the price and you must have searched on their site. 🙂

I am very surprised that they put it at that price, to say the least. Shouldn’t last long. I would bet that they don’t realize that there are bag liners and an extra windscreen and various bits and packages in the panniers … that would be a nice surprise for the new owner. 

• Thumbsup 1

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

3 hours ago, texscottyd said:

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

That should take you directly to the listing.   Woodlands Premium Motorcycles is a great dealership to work with, and this looks like a solid deal.   

Yes they have always treated me well.

• Thumbsup 1

I sold mine as well. Decision was motivated by how my only street bike owning friend got creamed and almost died. No fault of his own at all.  I love the Tracer and wish I could have kept it but this is a one bike house.  Picked a practically brand new 2022 Tenere 700.  All my other friends have adventure bikes.  Figured if I can survive the trip to the forests, it will decrease my chances of being taken out by being off pavement.  So far I'm loving the slowed pace and the off-road rides.  There is so much traffic now and people simply only care about themselves. Be safe out there brothers and keep the rubber side down. 

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wallygator said:

I sold mine as well. Decision was motivated by how my only street bike owning friend got creamed and almost died. No fault of his own at all.  I love the Tracer and wish I could have kept it but this is a one bike house.  Picked a practically brand new 2022 Tenere 700.  All my other friends have adventure bikes.  Figured if I can survive the trip to the forests, it will decrease my chances of being taken out by being off pavement.  So far I'm loving the slowed pace and the off-road rides.  There is so much traffic now and people simply only care about themselves. Be safe out there brothers and keep the rubber side down. 

Good luck and enjoy the Tenere 700. I still commute and like to tour on my bikes, but I appreciate what you are saying regarding other careless / distracted persons using the road. Good luck to all of us out there.

23 hours ago, Grumpy Goat said:

Absolutely - https://rswasserboxer.com/R1200RSforum/

Do you have an RS?

Not yet! But I think I’m leaning that way for a track bike.  I know it’s probably overkill in terms of price for a track bike, but I’m not getting any younger so…

ooops, I thought you meant aprilia RS 660  😂😂

Edited by Yamajank
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

I will miss communicating with you.  We had such similar bike tastes, S1000r, R1200RS, Tracer 900GT 
Enjoy the new bike.  My 2019 GT is at 25,000K and will be close to 30k this year.  so probably an upgrade to a 2021 next winter
As I have a dedicated dual sport BMW G450x I am leaning towards the 9GT or the BMW XR i.e. pavement/track only as my second bike. 

• Thumbsup 1

11 minutes ago, Rdecae81 said:

I will miss communicating with you.  We had such similar bike tastes, S1000r, R1200RS, Tracer 900GT 
Enjoy the new bike.  My 2019 GT is at 25,000K and will be close to 30k this year.  so probably an upgrade to a 2021 next winter
As I have a dedicated dual sport BMW G450x I am leaning towards the 9GT or the BMW XR i.e. pavement/track only as my second bike. 

Yes we do have similar tastes, I guess except when it comes to the dash in the ‘21 T9GT, since it seems to be acceptable for you but a deal breaker for me. 😁

I will confess I had to look up the BMW G450X - sounds like a cool enduro bike and would make a hugely different alternative to any support road bike. 

Continued good luck with the 2019 Tracer and its replacement. 

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Goat said:

Yes we do have similar tastes, I guess except when it comes to the dash in the ‘21 T9GT, since it seems to be acceptable for you but a deal breaker for me. 😁

I will confess I had to look up the BMW G450X - sounds like a cool enduro bike and would make a hugely different alternative to any support road bike. 

Continued good luck with the 2019 Tracer and its replacement. 

Yea I see a lot of posts about the display, but for me I never look at the display.  not really an issue.  about only time I look at the display is to check the gas gauge.  And that is like twice a day at most.   Maybe it comes from track days and dual sport riding, were I never look at the display.  Again only "display" on my track bike is a tach and to be honest never really look at it, and on my G450x really only look at gas gauge.

• Thumbsup 2

hello

I am servicing my bike b4 a trip and noticed slop in the linkage (horizontally) when tightening the rear wheel axle bolt:  horizontal  "slop"   and a moderate "clunk".  So I replaced the linkage needle bearings.

On reinstall I still have the slop with a "clunk" sound when appling torque when  fine tuning the axle bolt torque.

The question is: when you have yours on the center stand, and you are tightening the axle bolt, is there any "slop" or "clunk" sound ?

Since yours is a newer year, I thought you might have some observation of the  rear bearing integrity.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 8:12 PM, Wallygator said:

Traffic and drivers certainly played into my decision as well.  Thought about a Tenere 700 a number of times.  My Tracer 900 GT didn't like gravel roads (may have been me) and I've wondered how much better a Tenere 700 would have been on gravel.  Now I have 4 wheels so won't fall over LOL.

• Thumbsup 2

15 minutes ago, PhotoAl said:

Traffic and drivers certainly played into my decision as well.  Thought about a Tenere 700 a number of times.  My Tracer 900 GT didn't like gravel roads (may have been me) and I've wondered how much better a Tenere 700 would have been on gravel.  Now I have 4 wheels so won't fall over LOL.

The T700 would definitely be way better than the Tracer off road, the question is whether we would be. My position is that at least I shouldn’t be the limiting factor. Now that’s not to say that an off-road guru riding a Tracer wouldn’t be better than me riding Tiger, but at least now I have possibilities. 

17 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

Ample vids on youtube of just how capable off pavement the T7 is..........and it is very very capable, more so than most riders would be willing to do.