Bye Bye 2015, Hello 2023

Today, after 15K km's, i decide to swap my 2015 "Lava Red" Tracer for an 2023 "Pure White" Tracer 9GT.

I enjoyed every km i put on my current one, so i look forward to start riding te new one. The 9GT looks an rides amazing and after getting used to the new front, it stole my heart (and most of my money as well).

I ordered the original Yamaha 34ltr (white) Topcase to go with it.

It is on stock so within a week, week and half i will be able to put on the first km's.

Are there more people here that made the switch from the 2015 to the 2023? What are the pro's and con's, comments and experiences. Looking forward to some of your comments.

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1

You are lucky then, getting it that fast.

I traded my 900GT for the 9GT+ ordered 6 weeks ago. Should be delivered end of august, but today they told me it will be 2nd week september. Argggg, the GT+ is in too much demand, deliveries are changing every week.

So I will enjoy my 900GT for a little more, nothing bad about that, just wanted my new toy.

Since you are from the Netherlands where both the standard GT and the GT + are available, I assume that you are buying the standard GT, and not the plus, so my opinion may be relevant. I have the '22 9 GT, and like it greatly. I had a '15 FJ 09 and a '19 GT 900 previously. Great bikes they were, but I think that the 9 GT is in another  class, with significant  improvements. The new frame and suspension provides significantly better handling and stability. The previous triple was great, but the new greater displacement triple is excellent. Overall a bigger improvement than between the previous iterations. I think that you will enjoy it greatly.

Edited by kingfisher
  • Thumbsup 1

3 minutes ago, kingfisher said:

I assume that you are buying the standard GT, and not the plus, so my opinion may be relevant. I have the '22 9 GT, and like it greatly. I had a '15 FJ 09 and a '19 GT 900 previously. Great bikes they were, but I think that the 9 GT is in another  class, with significant  improvements. The new frame and suspension provides significantly better handling and stability. The previous triple was great, but the new greater displacement triple is excellent. Overall a bigger improvement than between the previous iterations. I think that you will enjoy it greatly.

I think as well. Looking forward to ride the 9GT.

Today i took the my 2015 Tracer for a last trip to Germany. Hopefully i will have the GT by next weekend, as the dealer says.

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Fleng said:

Yup, 300 kms is a long ride 😂. Otherwise you left the country.

Maybe a good thing

You're so close to so many beautiful neighbors 

For me to visit my kid it would take me 4.5 days even at 500 day.

But I can't ride half that a day now due to the shape I'm in.  Maybe I will get better. 

So in March I flew to San Diego 

But the FJ09 I rented had issues and it rained so much there was flooding and it snowed 22 inches in the mountains.

The weather was actually better in  Chicago!

I know that experience and feeling on my '22 T9GT! Last year my dealer was giving me the same grief on a longer wait then said it was would be here sooner. In the end it would be even quicker so I was truly happy. 

I'm sure you will enjoy your new ride when it arrives! Can't wait to see pics and an update soon.