Footpegs

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Has anyone replaced the stock footpegs yet? Anyone tried these? http://yamabits.co.uk/yamaha-mt-09-tracer-billet-touring-foot-pegs-rider.html 
Will footpegs for the fz-09 work on our bike?

My dealer told me that the rubber-topped FZ pegs are a straight swap. I dislike the pegs on my FJ: being so heavily 'studded' - rather resembling some weapon out of a Middle Ages weapons armoury - they do not readily allow me to move my feet around. Was told here (Oz) the FZ's pegs will cost around $150.   No doubt cheaper aftermarket items are available.
L of S

Has anyone replaced the stock footpegs yet? Anyone tried these? http://yamabits.co.uk/yamaha-mt-09-tracer-billet-touring-foot-pegs-rider.html 

My dealer told me that the rubber-topped FZ pegs are a straight swap. I dislike the pegs on my FJ: being so heavily 'studded' - rather resembling some weapon out of a Middle Ages weapons armoury - they do not readily allow me to move my feet around. Was told here (Oz) the FZ's pegs will cost around $150.   No doubt cheaper aftermarket items are available.
L of S

The stockers haven't bothered me yet, but IIRC, the FZ6 pegs are much cheaper, and fit.  Rubber topped, too.

• Premium Member
shame they didn't use the same design as the Super Tenere - these have rubber pegs that compress if you stand up so your boots make contact with the metal grippers. Works well.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member

Got these FZ6 footpegs off ebay and have been using them for 5 months now. They're comfortable and do a good job of reducing vibrations. 
Ebay Footpegs

pegs.jpg

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
Looks good, was it hard to change them? What tools are needed?
The right side OEM peg comes off quickly with the removal of a circlip and post while the left side peg is riveted and requires a die-grinder or Dremel to remove the post. All need replacement hardware comes with the pegs including springs, feelers, etc. It took about 1/2 hr to do. I nice improvement over stock IMHO. 
new_pegs.jpg
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

I just ordered the FZ6 pegs from Ebay as these are exactly what I've been looking for to eliminate the small buzz and be slightly more forgiving.  Hopefully they'll be good quality and not too slippery.

• Premium Member
I just ordered the FZ6 pegs from Ebay as these are exactly what I've been looking for to eliminate the small buzz and be slightly more forgiving.  Hopefully they'll be good quality and not too slippery.
I've been VERY happy with them in all aspects. 
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• 3 weeks later...
I've been VERY happy with them in all aspects. 
Hello Clint & Trench, 
The stock foot pegs never bothered me until today.

Today, I got caugth in a big rainstorm. With Traction control, I felt very safe.
However, the stock footpegs are soooo slippery when wet. I could barely keep my feet on them while encoutering bumps...

It might be a combinaison of my boot + metal pegs that makes them slippery, I don't know.

So this made me wonder if the Ebay Fz6 rubber footpegs are also slippery when wet ?
Did you ride in rain with them ?

If less slippery, I think I will buy them, because the stock foot pegs are just plain scary, and I MUST use this bike in all weather. :)

Thanks in advance !

I think we got caught in the same storm system ;-) Maybe it's your boots Fred?  I got hammered today as well in one of the worst thunderstorms I've ever ridden through. It's been 5yrs since my last bike... I had forgotten that lovely sensation of cold water hitting your crotch unexpectedly  ???
- I digress; my boots had great traction! And glad they did! 1st time I've had a bike w/ ABS and traction control; loved knowing they were there if needed.  I've always had the opposite problem and my rubber pegs get slippery in the rain ;-) I like the aggressive cut of the stock pegs. 

I think we got caught in the same storm system ;-) Maybe it's your boots Fred?  I got hammered today as well in one of the worst thunderstorms I've ever ridden through. It's been 5yrs since my last bike... I had forgotten that lovely sensation of cold water hitting your crotch unexpectedly  ??? - I digress; my boots had great traction! And glad they did! 1st time I've had a bike w/ ABS and traction control; loved knowing they were there if needed.  I've always had the opposite problem and my rubber pegs get slippery in the rain ;-) I like the aggressive cut of the stock pegs. 

LOL I had my rainsuit on, and was completly dry, excepts gloves.

It has been a while since I last checked underneath my boots:

BrgcgBpl.jpg

I think I need new boots...
There is no more Rubber !

What kind of boots do you have beberle ?

• 1 month later...