• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Footpegs

• Premium Member
I have these being delivered tomorrow. I will chime back in on how straight forward the install is. Several FZ09 guys had left good reviews, so we'll see tomorrow. They only cost me $11.50, so if they don't work out, at least I'm only out a few bucks. 

41XQVWCPQ7L.jpg
They fit and work just fine! A nice upgrade of the slippery OEMs.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Got my Amazon pegs installed today. The left side peg has to be drilled out since it is riveted, otherwise...they went in without a hitch. I reused the oem pin on the right side. Had to use the supplied pin for left side. I used the OEM springs for both sides. What a vast improvement over the OEM pegs. And at a whopping $11.50, you can't go wrong. Install took about ten minutes.

ab9FmjK.jpg

PRESUME THAT MAKES IT EVEN HARDER TO GET THE SIDE STAND DOWN ?

Yelling at the side stand won't make it any easier. ;)
'16 FJ09 - Mivv Carbon Oval full exhaust¦MCCruise TBW/FJR switch cruise control¦Corbin seat¦GPR steering damper¦Givi D2122S windscreen¦MT-09 Adventure footpegs¦Motodynamic taillight/flushmount signals/fender eliminator¦OEM heated grips¦Shorty levers¦T-Rex sliders¦SW Motech Blaze bags¦KTM handguards¦Vibranators¦Grip Puppies¦CF fender extender¦Pyramid rear hugger extender

• Premium Member
PRESUME THAT MAKES IT EVEN HARDER TO GET THE SIDE STAND DOWN ?
It's actually easier because you don't have the long feeler to deal with. The sidestand is super easy and can be done without even looking. Kick the footpeg backward with your heel and the sidestand is right there under your boot. About 30 seconds of practice and you'll see what I mean.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
Got my Amazon pegs installed today. The left side peg has to be drilled out since it is riveted, otherwise...they went in without a hitch. I reused the oem pin on the right side. Had to use the supplied pin for left side. I used the OEM springs for both sides. What a vast improvement over the OEM pegs. And at a whopping $11.50, you can't go wrong. Install took about ten minutes. 

ab9FmjK.jpg
zachd, are these footpegs holding up well?

ab9FmjK.jpg
I bought some of those but haven't installed them yet.  I noticed it raises the bottom of the boot a bit,  Any issues with shifting like boots not fitting under shifter was well?  How about cornering clearance (I know the feeler is shorter). 

ab9FmjK.jpg
They're holding up like a champ, and I'm still loving them. Still no issues. Haven't been able to ride recently though....its been 110*F + here in Phoenix as of late. BARF

Speaking only for myself and not wishing to pre-empt another's opinion, I have found no issue at all with these new rubber-topped pegs. Operation of the gear lever is unchanged for me, and movement of my left boot is not impeded in any way. 
BUT - replacing the securing pin on the lhs peg with the original, and its circlip fastening, worried me a little (the rhs peg with its clevis/ split pin is OK). Those who do not habitually carry a pillion may prefer to swap one of the pillion peg securing pins of identical length, as they are secured by the preferred (IMHO) clevis/ split pin.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
   Those who do not habitually carry a pillion may prefer to swap one of the pillion peg securing pins of identical length, as they are secured by the preferred (IMHO) clevis/ split pin.  

Nice Tip!  Thanks 
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

i have the puig ones trail model, Blue REF. 7319A. these are very quality made, they minimize a bit the free height since it has a lot of rubber on it, are adjustable, without a feeler.
http://www.puig.tv/tuning-bikes/yamaha-mt-09-tracer-2015/footpegs/c171en/f457-r318-m6443/

MODS: custom remapped 133 wheel power by T.R.E. / K&P WORKSHOP,  WOOLICH RACING + race tools package, reprofiled cams,  ported cylinder head,  higher compression, bored throttle bodies, ape cam tensioner,  OHLINS FGK237 cartridge & YA 535,  GPR V4, SKF Fork seals,  BREMBO RCS 19 Corta Rossa with SC pads, HEALTECH shift light PRO, AKRAPOVIC racing carbon exhaust, slipper clutch + Barnett clutch springs, JT Sprockets + JVMX 525 black 112 links chain, oil temp gauge drain plug, air filter DNA + Modded airbox, PIRELLI ROSSO CORSA II, YAMAHA LED plus blinkers, antitheft alarm scorpio 900i + perimeter sensor + kill engine module, CELLULAR INTERPHONE led slim fog lights with yamaha oem mounting bracket, YAMAHA heated grips and more....