Footpegs

motoraid.eu

MODS: custom remapped 133 wheel power by T.R.E. / K&P WORKSHOP,  WOOLICH RACING + race tools package, reprofiled cams,  ported cylinder head,  higher compression, bored throttle bodies, ape cam tensioner,  OHLINS FGK237 cartridge & YA 535,  GPR V4, SKF Fork seals,  BREMBO RCS 19 Corta Rossa with SC pads, HEALTECH shift light PRO, AKRAPOVIC racing carbon exhaust, slipper clutch + Barnett clutch springs, JT Sprockets + JVMX 525 black 112 links chain, oil temp gauge drain plug, air filter DNA + Modded airbox, PIRELLI ROSSO CORSA II, YAMAHA LED plus blinkers, antitheft alarm scorpio 900i + perimeter sensor + kill engine module, CELLULAR INTERPHONE led slim fog lights with yamaha oem mounting bracket, YAMAHA heated grips and more....

double post

MODS: custom remapped 133 wheel power by T.R.E. / K&P WORKSHOP,  WOOLICH RACING + race tools package, reprofiled cams,  ported cylinder head,  higher compression, bored throttle bodies, ape cam tensioner,  OHLINS FGK237 cartridge & YA 535,  GPR V4, SKF Fork seals,  BREMBO RCS 19 Corta Rossa with SC pads, HEALTECH shift light PRO, AKRAPOVIC racing carbon exhaust, slipper clutch + Barnett clutch springs, JT Sprockets + JVMX 525 black 112 links chain, oil temp gauge drain plug, air filter DNA + Modded airbox, PIRELLI ROSSO CORSA II, YAMAHA LED plus blinkers, antitheft alarm scorpio 900i + perimeter sensor + kill engine module, CELLULAR INTERPHONE led slim fog lights with yamaha oem mounting bracket, YAMAHA heated grips and more....

• 2 weeks later...
I bought these my self but I noticed right away that they are few cm higher then the stock one and leg position is changed noticable.
Removing rubber parts helps a bit but in my opinion these change the way bike feels and that's not a good thing.
Only thing going for them is that they look enduro/offroad like, nothing more.

I've been using the Street Rally ones for a while now (like many french FJ owners) and am very happy with those. They look like the Super tenere ones showed previously. 53€. Reference: 1RC-274M0-00-00. Purchased from my Yamaha dealer. img_2010.jpg

Found the same "FZ-6" footpegs on ebay for $7.98 shipped so decided to give 'em a try. 
link

Grinding the left side rivet off took all of about 20 seconds with a 4" angle grinder. On test fitting the pegs, they both angled upward rather than sitting level.

20160812_204752_zpsz7b3nzzg.jpg

The stock footpeg by comparison:

20160812_204818_zpss2wco3ww.jpg

The pegs had just a hair too much tab on them for use on a low miles bike with fresh peg yokes. Some massaging with a bastard file and all is well.
This is what they looked like before filing. Most of the little bump needed to be filed off. Don't overdo it, file a little, test often.
20160812_205451_zpsumgtfjat.jpg

The right side pin was the perfect length, but the left side was way too long. Since these pins are retained with E-clips, it looked like a prime opportunity to knock the clip off as it would stick out so far.
20160812_210001_zpsbjblt1ma.jpg

Rather than use the clip, I drilled a hole in the pin and put a cotter pin in it.
20160812_212900_zpslpzvunvg.jpg

The whole job took maybe 20 minutes and a whopping $8.

Update: Wow! sooooo much better than the stock pegs. Best $8 I've ever spent on a bike.

Keep Asheville weird!

• 3 months later...
I wonder if these come with all of the necessary hardware (springs, pins, etc). I'm guessing no when looking at the price.
Another point of confusion for me with that link is that it says not compatible with MT-09 Street Rally ABS

So I installed the adventure foot pegs from Yamabits UK, they're exactly like the Super Tenere pegs. They fit perfectly and came with springs and pins. They fit perfectly but the pins are a fraction too short.  I had a set of the cheap Amazon pegs on the bike so I just reused those.  Even with the pin issue it's a great deal for $61 US, the ST pegs are almost twice that when all is said and done and are substantially more expensive.
pegs.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Got my Amazon pegs installed today. The left side peg has to be drilled out since it is riveted, otherwise...they went in without a hitch. I reused the oem pin on the right side. Had to use the supplied pin for left side. I used the OEM springs for both sides. What a vast improvement over the OEM pegs. And at a whopping $11.50, you can't go wrong. Install took about ten minutes. 

ab9FmjK.jpg

I just put mine on today. Drilled out the rivet and reused the brake side spring as the replacement was too short. The clutch side pin is a bit long. My only concern is the eclip coming off and the pin rattling out so I may look at trying to drill these (probably hardened though) or finding a suitable replacement pin or bolt.
I measured the new pin as .300-.305" so 5/16 would be too big.

Otherwise for $11.50, looks like a great mod!

• Premium Member
My 2015 FJ-09 that I purchased used came with different foot pegs too. My clutch side pin is too long as well. So if you come up with a solution please post it.

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• Premium Member
My 2015 FJ-09 that I purchased used came with different foot pegs too. My clutch side pin is too long as well. So if you come up with a solution please post it.
...you can replace with a universal clevis (has multiple holes for the cotter pin). You could cut it to size if you want. 

42918.png

Ok... so now I need to figure out where I can purchase 1 in the diameter I need. ?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• 2 months later...
Has anyone found a way to minimize the vibration in the right footpeg?

Have swapped the original ones to the FZ-6/FJR style with the rubber pad but the vibration coming through the peg around 5k rpm's is annoying.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone installed the later style pegs used on the FJR? May be a bit higher that the FZ06 style, but provide better vibration dampening? 

FJR14pegs.jpg

I have, and many others have... front and rear. They work very well. I recall the rear required some filing i order to retain the 'click' action. 
I recently swapped out the pegs to the ones shown above in hopes that they would help minimize the buzz in the pegs- not much difference noticed. Mainly an issue running at 70-75mph. Anyone find a trick to lessen the peg vibes? 

If you're talking about the Adventure pegs, I have.  They're fantastic, much less vibration through the feet.  All mounting hardware included, you just have to grind off the top of the rivet off the pin of one of the stock pegs.  Takes seconds with a drill or rotary tool.