1st annual FJ09 NW meet and ride CANCELED!

Cruizin

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The weather report today said it is going to be a warm spring.  I will be out and about in OR and WA May 13-17, that would be a good time.  How about a three day loop ride?  Like this:

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Man, that is one hell of a good loop. I know some side roads that are awesome too. Highway 12 from Lewiston to Lolo is one of the best motorcycle roads I have ever ridden. And then Stanley to Boise is part of the Lowman loop that I ride most weekends. The road from Lowman to Boise is freakin awesome riding, and they just repaved it in October.

Let's see how many people we can get interested. Maybe we could spread the word on ADV rider too.

I haven't done Lowman to Boise in a few years, glad to hear it has been repaved as the last time I did it on the FJR it quite bumpy. I also love the Banks to Lowman section, not as tight but sweet and with the river. With the bike so new, I can't imagine getting 3-7 riders total, but that is okay, I like small. I will be over there a couple times this year, on my way to other places, but in Sept. I plan on coming over for "The Big Nasty Hillclimb".

I'll be at the "Big Nasty". It's changed a bit over the years but still good times. Up north, there used to be a much better one called the "Peck Hill climb. Less commercial but a crazy straight up hill that caused alot of injuries and even a crazy decapitation, which ended the Peck Hill climb. I tried it once on a hopped up CR-500 Two Stroke and damn near killed myself.

I haven't done Lowman to Boise in a few years, glad to hear it has been repaved as the last time I did it on the FJR it quite bumpy. I also love the Banks to Lowman section, not as tight but sweet and with the river. With the bike so new, I can't imagine getting 3-7 riders total, but that is okay, I like small. I will be over there a couple times this year, on my way to other places, but in Sept. I plan on coming over for "The Big Nasty Hillclimb".

Since the two of us are going to be at New Plymouth in Sept., why not make it a 3 day PNW FJ Meet. We can have day rides to Lowman, and Hells Canyon Dam, Fri and Sat and still end up at the Hill Climb for 3-4 hours in the afternoon, then spend Sunday at the hill climb to watch the finals. I will be staying in Ontario.

• 2 months later...
I made this vid when my FZ-09 was brand new, still was breaking it in. Anywho, this is the first section of road that we will be riding between Boise and Idaho City. This video is actually Idaho city to Boise and I can tell you that these corners are nothing compared to what we will ride on Banner Summit!

I made this vid when my FZ-09 was brand new, still was breaking it in. Anywho, this is the first section of road that we will be riding between Boise and Idaho City. This video is actually Idaho city to Boise and I can tell you that these corners are nothing compared to what we will ride on Banner Summit! 

Did you vid the section just south of Lowman? 

Archived