What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Too much crap in my garage for the stock, Yamaha bags! The side bags are tucked in nice and tight, but they don't hold much. The top case is big, but oddly shaped and barely hauls my laptop.

I found that I used the heated grips on my Buell a ton more than I thought I would. I must have sensitive hands....

My heated grips came in last month. Waiting till after holiday for dealer install. Part of original purchase.
Why install factory heated grips when you are stuck using their choice of rubber (which is usually too hard)? There are plenty of aftermarket heated grip tape options that allow you to use your choice of grips.

Added the 50L Euro, Top Case to complete my 3 bag setup. Oh, and the last mod is self explanatory 

IMG_1319_zpsvblt3kea.jpg

IMG_1325_zpsber4bphs.jpg

Heated grips are technically not a "mod", they are a factory option/accessory. haha.gif 
And I just installed mine also! thumbup111.gif
Red side stripe too.

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

My heated grips came in last month. Waiting till after holiday for dealer install. Part of original purchase.
Why install factory heated grips when you are stuck using their choice of rubber (which is usually too hard)? There are plenty of aftermarket heated grip tape options that allow you to use your choice of grips.
Because they are plug and play.  Three settings, H, M, L with each having 10 levels to choose from.  I set mine at 2, 4, and 6, as anything higher than 6 is too hot.  And if I happen upon a day when the temps are in the low 20's and need to up the heat, all I have to do is change the 6 to 7, 8, 9 or 10.  And I can do that on the fly from the menu tab on the left handlebar.  That is why.  And I like Yamaha grips.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Installing the heated grips tonight, and ordered the accessory outlet.  
Rear turn signals are LED now, and located under the tail.

Removed the luggage mounts (since I'm getting soft bags) and the grab handles. Just got plastic panel tabs to cover the holes. They pop off easy and I can re-install everything in a minute if I have a passenger or need the tie downs.

No pics yet. Not until I get the fender eliminator and flush front signals installed. Should arrive sometime soon...

I took off the grab handles too, but put them back on as it was harder to move the bike around with out them.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Added Scotchlite retroreflective tape.  Couldn't find sheets of tape, so I just bought a 50' x 1/2" roll.  It wasn't hard to use half of it.  I have no idea how I used so much.  I followed some of the lines on the bags.  I'm a sucky artist, so I wasn't adventurous enough to make free form designs.  I added some pieces to my helmet, too.  We sit so upright on this bike that, unlike the flat back on my old sportbike, other drivers might see the tape on my helmet.  The tape is flexible enough to curve without piling up.

Photo without flash:
21270455152_5241034ae9_c.jpg

Photo with flash:
21094126009_0304e71e87_c.jpg

The rear:
21093119868_55c990a183_b.jpg

Added a Laminar Lip (see the big thread in the windshield section for my post about it).

21289112111_97cab7b7bb_c.jpg

• Premium Member
1moreroad - that is an interesting visor. How does it work, who made it? Cheers

My review is here (1 post up): Laminar Lip review 
I was reminded of the Laminar Lip from the same thread.  They've been around forever, but, to me, always looked goofy on sporty bikes.  I think of the FJ as more of a touring bike, so it looks ok.

The company is here: Laminar Lip

608457DC-F4CB-46AE-BFC1-0A7DC1B891DB_zpseop9nj5w.jpg 
Installed proton flush mounts, made a fender eliminator, removed hand guards, and cut down the stock screen 6".
Really like what you've done here. Do you have a link to that color of rim tape you used. Ties in really well with the accent on the fairing.........very nice!

• Premium Member
Did my second ever oil & filter change today @ 2000 miles. Only wanted to go 1500 after the first break-in service on standard dino juice to allow better seating of the rings, etc. This time around we've gone full synth Castrol M/C oil with the K&N filter that Cruizin was so kind to share the awesomesauce Amazon deal on. Only went for a 5 minute quickie test ride afterward but I can tell what a difference the full synth oil makes overall. Pretty amazing how much smoother it feels...

The Doctor is IN:

garage_zpsp5lg6u1w.jpg
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

608457DC-F4CB-46AE-BFC1-0A7DC1B891DB_zpseop9nj5w.jpg 
Installed proton flush mounts, made a fender eliminator, removed hand guards, and cut down the stock screen 6".
Really like what you've done here. Do you have a link to that color of rim tape you used. Ties in really well with the accent on the fairing.........very nice!

It's from progrip part number 5025RFBL, it is also reflective.