• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Put the side cases on.... Anyone know what the stickers are for???? :|

What do they look like? 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Put the side cases on.... Anyone know what the stickers are for???? :|

What do they look like? 

20160625_164442_zpsyd6mhhok.jpg 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Those look like the vinyl stick on protectors supplied or already installed on the FJR to protect the paint. I got some with my replacement bags, many years ago.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Those look like the vinyl stick on protectors supplied or already installed on the FJR to protect the paint. I got some with my replacement bags, many years ago.
Where are they supposed to stick? There are no places on the cases where they look like they would fit.

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Today I installed a decent [strong]rear rack[/strong] to take the mounting-plate for my 23L top-box (and smaller alternative 7L rear case too, as needed).

It’s very nicely made – the plate is chunky 4mm anodized aluminium and the support struts 19mm diameter steel. Welds are very neat and the struts thickly powder-coated in gloss black. The struts simply bolt into existing holes that secure the pannier rails into the bike’s rear sub-frame, the front of the plate is secured into the two pillion hand-hold bolts, and the whole appears as strong as the Rock of Gibraltar.  
The plate comes unpainted and I think I’ll leave it like that, at least for the time being, as the silver colour doesn’t clash with the bike, and in any case it’s largely hidden when the top-box mounting plate is fitted.

A useful if minor plus with the new rack is that it has ample elongated slots around it to secure various straps or whatever if needed to carry camping gear and the like.

The kit includes 4 x 12mm/ ½” spacers for the new bolts that go into the pannier frames. It’s a lot easier now to fit and remove the panniers as they are shifted outboard by that amount… a light smear of Vaseline on the mounting lugs also helps.

Installation was a bit iffy to start with, thanks to no instructions, but a quick glance at the vendor’s website showed a number of views of the set-up, and from there it was easy.

My thanks to fellow Queenslander [em]suncoaster[/em], who ordered it for me, as the cursed AliExpress site would not accept my own attempted order.

Link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272239494148.
http://i.imgur.com/Ymh9nWE.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/tvpm416.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/OdfoJFR.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

So I ride BMX bikes for fun and was one of the reasons why the FJ appealed to me in the first place so I can take my BMX bike on longer adventures on a really great motorcycle...
So I had my friend construct me this awesome and simply designed bracket that allows me to carry my bike vertically ( I have a bike rack on my 77' XS650 but is mounted horizontally and acts like a giant wind sail on the hwy) on a solid ParkTools bike clamp and be able to use my SHAD side bags.
Only thing I sacrifice is the SHAD SH-39 top box with the bike on the rack but the clever design lets me easily keep the top box on when the bike is off which is a lot of the time for work commute and riding in the city (Chicago)
Let me know what you guys think...it'll work with road and MTB bikes also ;)
IMG_20160625_155947.jpg20160625_140836.jpg20160625_140126.jpg20160625_140344.jpg20160625_140858.jpg

Let me know what you guys think... 20160625_140836.jpg

...very inventive indeed, just hate to think what forces are acting on that assembly as you ride down some bumpy roads :-S ... any way to get some bracing made to support the bicycle further towards the rear? Good luck, and inspect frequently. 

Yeah there's going to be a small support that sits on top of the rear rack that will hold up the bicycle seat upwards...with that there is minimal flex, not worried about it at all, it's supported pretty good in a few spots, but I will make sure to inspect often indeed

• Premium Member
[Yesterday] Installed a Stebel Nautilus Compact Twin Air Horn. I will do a full post on this if anyone is interested.  I pulled off the existing crap horn and installed this baby.  Had to make a custom bracket though.

vbk5sfL.jpg

4s9QZEd.jpg

ibte8Qg.jpg

Xfokt2o.jpg

Around here (in Oz) I reckon the local pleece would have something to say about that!   And if an emergency stop takes place...WTF???

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

FWIW - the AdventureTech light-bar that I have fitted would make an excellent and very strong mounting base for such horns. 

fNAjU9Y.jpg

Loaded her up in the truck (along with my Dad's Vulcan Nomad) and headed to the mountains for a few days...

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA