What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

What winter handguards are those? Any other pics? Bike looks good.
They are Barkbuster Blizzards.. paired with the OEM heated grips they are great and look decent with the bike too. I've ridden in temperatures into the 20s (Farenheit) without a problem.

http://i.imgur.com/8oYHvWG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OrrU8PS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/s7Dajh3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yxjMe1e.jpg

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

@Piotrek, it's coming.. I'm going to use the Yamaha rack instead of the SHAD top case mount so I didn't order the whole set. Probably order it in the next month or two.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

@piotrek, this is the tape I used. Found it on Amazon... there are lots of colors and widths. I used 1/8 inch. It's easy to use and easy to peel off, and seems to withstand the weather pretty well.. the stripes I put on the faux carbon panels, have been there for 8 months through summer, rain, and now winter.

Smart_Select_Image_2016_12_28_09_15_43.png

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I installed some LED driving lights on an Adventureteck bracket, grip heaters and a volt meter. The grip heater control and volt meter were mounted to a bracket I fabbed up and covered with faux carbon fiber vinyl wrap
DSCN6158.jpg

Lights on
DSCN6159.jpg

Lights off
DSCN6160.jpg

wow, Brandon is closed? I have seen some talk of issues with the CC but I dont know any specifics and I have not experienced any issues. That does not inspire confidence though....
Maybe it has something to do with this  - https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/4052626/Rostra_Precision_Controls# 
Can anyone dig deeper?

That court case was in 2014 and was dropped. I don't think it has any bearing on Joe closing up shop. I heard in October that he was ill and then I haven't heard anything from him at all. My guess is either he is very ill or dead. They won't return my calls or emails so your guess is as good As mine but last I heard, he was having health issues.

• Premium Member
Well, I always say it's not if your going to drop your bike, it's when. Today at a full stop I was on an off camber section of road and past reach of my foot to the ground. So... I tumbled off of my FJ09. :-(. Crash bars did their job but I did scratch my strator cover on the bottom,left hand guard a little, and pushed in left aux. light. I'm fine, except for a bruised ego. Looks like a new cover is in my future and I'll get engine guards for that when I do my next service. Oh joy... :-(
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

wow, Brandon is closed? I have seen some talk of issues with the CC but I dont know any specifics and I have not experienced any issues. That does not inspire confidence though....
Maybe it has something to do with this  - https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/4052626/Rostra_Precision_Controls# 
Can anyone dig deeper?

tried searching it but all leads end up with needing access to the public records site. Says something about contract violations though, hopefully that points to the units being ok, but the owner being a bad businessman.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

I installed some LED driving lights on an Adventureteck bracket... 
DSCN6160.jpg

Lights look good. I opted for the ones shown below, on the same light bar. I will run one flood ® and one spot (L). Can't install until gets a bit warmer. 
Can you send a link or a type about the headlights? They seem awesome...

Today I installed led turn signals instead of the oem lights... Every elements were ordered from Aliexpress and Ebay. I had to change the flasher relay also to fend off the extra fast flashing of the leds. Luckily I succed to order oem compatible elements, so everything is reversible to oem if it's needed.

[div style=text-align:center]IMG_0128.jpgIMG_0129.jpg

[div style=text-align:center][/url]IMG_0163.jpg[span style=color:rgb(221, 221, 221)] [/span]IMG_0172.jpg
[span style=color:rgb(221, 221, 221)][/span]

...finaly I mounted to the mid' of the bar a Wayteq navi which is water resistant and directly dedicated to motorcycles. I connected it to one of the spare plugs under the screen. It was very easy to install. Now I have a full Europe map on the board. So the way is mine  :D

[div style=text-align:center]

[div style=text-align:center]IMG_0177.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
Cleaned up scratches from my tumble off of my bike. Bought a spray can of engine paint VHT-SP405 Black Pearl from Autozone as per suggestion on this forum. Color match very close. I can't stress enough that the crash bars saved me from lots of other parts possibly getting damaged. GP racing engine covers are in my future. A three set is around $320.00 U.S. Back in the saddle! Whoo!Hoo!!!

Good day today :) ... warm enough for some work in the garage, after some morning exercise... shoveling snow. Put my forks/wheel back on the bike after changing fork oil.... also took the opportunity to raise the forks 5mm for quicker turn-in...hopefully. Next on the agenda was mocking up some auxiliary lights on the AdventureTech light bar. Each is said to be rated at 10W... but the meter says otherwise. Regardless, plenty of light and I am happy to run these off the spare auxiliary 2A circuit. Last photo shows length of the pigtail... I will be putting automotive type connectors on the lamps, and now have to source a decent switch. The one I bought is garbage so won't bother wiring it up. Hoping for more days like this over the winter. 

Have you considered this switch: 
https://www.motorcycleinnovations.ca/SW_Motech_Cockpit_Switch_waterproof_handlebar_p/cpa.00.006.14000.b.htm

CPA_00_006_14000_B_2.jpg

A little pricey, but SW-Motech is decent quality stuff and a Canadian company so no duty hassles.

• Premium Member
Cleaned up scratches from my tumble off of my bike. Bought a spray can of engine paint VHT-SP405 Black Pearl from Autozone as per suggestion on this forum. Color match very close. I can't stress enough that the crash bars saved me from lots of other parts possibly getting damaged. GP racing engine covers are in my future. A three set is around $320.00 U.S. Back in the saddle! Whoo!Hoo!!!
...seems like a lot of damage from a kill over at a full stop... did the bike end up sliding off/down the road somewhere?

Not really allot of damage at all. Actually quite minimal. I just rolled off of the bike at a full stop. No sliding. Between
my crash bars and left rear pannier those kept the bike from damaging other stuff.

:) . also took the opportunity to raise the forks 5mm for quicker turn-in..
Was that easy to do? I keep thinking about doing this to help when I have the rear side cases on.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Was that easy to do? I keep thinking about doing this to help when I have the rear side cases on.
...with the wheel off, no it wasn't difficult at all because I wasn't fighting any weight/load (twist the fork up/down to suit and clamp it up). I am not sure how I'd do that with the wheel on, but certainly there must be a safe procedure/way. I used the stem on the Vanier caliper to get the rise measurement (from the top of the triple tree to the top cap surface). My only concern is that my posture will bias forward a bit... thus the 5mm for now. Different risers and bars can offset that a bit... we shall see how things work and take it from there. I also ride with the top case a lot, and the front end can get a bit light at times.
Here's an easy way to do it with the wheel/brakes on. First, remove the ABS sensor from the right side of the wheel (there will be times when the wheel/axle are not straight and the clearance to the ABS sensor is very tight & you don't want to damage it). Second, loosen right axle pinch bolt & axle nut, fender mounting bolts; you don't have to remove the axle. Third, take weight off front wheel (jack with towel under exhaust headers works fine). Fourth, completely loosen lower triple clamp pinch bolts. Take a business card and make markings on how much you want to raise the forks. Slightly loosen one upper triple clamp pinch bolt, grasp the fork, loosen the bolt enough to where it moves, and move the fork upward as far as it will go; it probably won't be 5mm. Snug the upper pinch bolt. Go to the other fork, loosen the upper pinch bolt & while grasping the fork & using your business card,  slide this fork up to 5mm or whatever. Snug pinch bolt. Go back to first fork, grasp the fork tube, loosen that pinch bolt and using the marks on the business card make it the same as the other fork; and snug the pinch bolt. Torque the upper & lower pinch bolts to spec, tighten the front axle, remove jack, push the FJ off the centerstand [em]without using the front brake and pump the front end up and down several times to align the right fork tube. Torque the right axle pinch bolt, snug the fender bolts, re-install the ABS sensor, pump the brake lever. [strong]You're done.[/strong][/em]