Perfect Mirror Extenders for the FJ-09!

• Premium Member
Hoppygearhead- is that the MRA X-creen touring addition to the stock shield?  If so, how tall are you, and is it effective?  I was afraid that the stock screen might be too flimsy for that to work...

A review would be greatly appreciated...  :)  TIA

Hoppygearhead- is that the MRA X-creen touring addition to the stock shield?  If so, how tall are you, and is it effective?  I was afraid that the stock screen might be too flimsy for that to work... 

A review would be greatly appreciated...  :)  TIA
Doh, I've been meaning to post about that shield. Yes, that is the Sport model and it's surprisingly effective on the FJ. I am 5'10" using an Arai RX-Q with the stock seat and the air just barely grazes the top of my head with no head-shaking turbulence, and I am REALLY picky about that. I'd say if I was just a couple inches shorter I would be in the dead quiet zone, however I think it's perfect if you're still wanting air to enter your helmet's top vents. I've cruised at about 80MPH and it shakes a little but nothing to indicate that its too flimsy. I'd say under 60MPH you would probably be comfortable with no earplugs, if noise is an issue. Oh, also I am still looking over the shield and not through it. 

• Premium Member
Thank you so much for the info about the MRA X-creen.  I would already have one if they weren't so expensive.  But I am weakening...

• 2 weeks later...
Just fit these mirror extenders. Besides looking silly, the left side interferes with the menu switch. I had to rotate it closer to me. Wish I went with the stem style.
[span style=line-height:normal]  [/span]20150319_195319_zps1rfbzuut.jpg
[span style=line-height:normal]  [/span]20150319_195337_zpsn2cem81k.jpg

Besides looking silly, the left side interferes with the menu switch.
I found the same thing, I moved it away from me and have nothing around or obscuring the switch now - think it's better than the standard set-up. Maybe look a bit funny, but they do work! I bought some M10 (8mm hex) black socket head covers, think it finishes it off . The UK ebay site I got them from

Pic of the right hand side extender, with and without the black cover.

I have the same ones, fitted them yesterday. On the faster Race Blu the whole mirror assembly/stem is black, so the extensions don't look out of place. Like Steve I set the extender away from me and they work a treat, for the price they are a very good buy and took about 10 minutes to fit.

• 3 weeks later...
I bought the extenders from kouba link. That are awesome. I don't have the squeeze my elbows in to see traffic behind. Those other extenders look like the block the menu switches on the clutch side.

I've finally had an opportunity to ride my bike, and the Kouba mirror extenders are my favorite mod thus far. The mirrors actually work, without requiring me to fold my arms in like a freezing anorectic bird. And, if you aren't intimately familiar with the FJ-09, you would never notice that there are mirror extenders installed. They match very well, same circumference, etc etc. The Kouba extenders are well worth the cost for USA consumers. (shipping)