Perfect Mirror Extenders for the FJ-09!

I fitted these ones: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-Mirrors-Riser-Extender-Adapter-MT-09-MT-07-Fazer-FZ-09-V-max-1700-/181450174271?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a3f45ef3f 
The finish was surprisingly good, and it is a simple matter to set them up so that they don't interfere with the controls. I used Loctite, and they haven't budged.

None of the vibration issues that some have commented on, and the rear/side vision is now spot-on.
Thanks for this, traceroz - I've just ordered a pair, good value at $28 inc postage.   They seem to differ from other extenders in that this item comprises a new "foot" that moves the stems and mirrors outboard by 35mm (1.5"), instead of lengthening the stems themselves by means of an insert.   I'll leave my 2" dia spot mirrors on, as IMHO they do add another layer of useful wide-angled rear vision... But - FWIW - I do not seem to experience these mirror vibes that plague some here, it seems.   Might happen when I get to 50+ kph!
L of S

I've got the ones that lengthen the stems and have no issues with vibes in the mirrors at any speed. I'm sure the ones you got will be fine too. My old bike may as well not have mirrors is was so blurred at any speed. Night and day difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I just installed the Koubalink extenders. Mine vibrate like others have stated. However, I prefer to see blurry cars rather than my elbows.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For those in the UK I have just bought these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-MIRROR-ADAPTOR-KIT-10MM-LEFT-HAND-THREAD-CONVERT-/271914330927?clk_rvr_id=869400488410&rmvSB=true
only £5.95.
I know they are silver but a spray of matt black will sort that out. I am hoping that the 25mm (1 inch) will suffice iff not I will give the extender/ raisers a go

Well, Any pics or feedback yet?

well no pics as such and limited good and bad feedback
the bad feedback is that they sent one correct item and one incorrect item (m10-m8 thread converter) so I could only fit the left hand mirror. also as I had the engine sliders off with no new bolts I couldn't road test the bike. but sitting on the bike it seemed a really good improvement.

BUT here is where it gets interesting!

this was in the position of raising the mirror up by 25mm. but if you look by the mirror knuckle you will see a rubber cap, pull this back and then you can undo the mirror there and insert these adaptors. this then extends them out 25mm. this worked really well. plus you still have the option of adding in the extenders at the bottom for the height as well

So when I get incorrect item replaced that is what I will be doing. then I will take some pics.
well all being well the links below should show  the one I have fitted
http://imgur.com/Y1Sc7Uohttp://i.imgur.com/iZ4qQ2p.jpg
you can see that these push the mirrors out by 25mm . Due to needing some engine bolts I haven't been able to road test them for vibration yet but when I can I will try them in the current position and the "raised" position

Blobbs

I don't really understand your post.

Anyway the replacement extender arrived so I fitted both. I can now see so much better. I still need to do some fiddling and may try the left hand mirror raised rather than extended. but the view is so much better.
I need to tighten the bolts a bit as the right hand mirror was a bit blurry over 70mph but I would rather have blurry vision than clear views of my elbow!!

all in all a very good £5

• Premium Member
I wanted to order these and I wanted the black ones to match my bike, which cost $30. When I went to pay, I noticed that they charge $16 just for shipping!! That is ridiculous, just for two light weight aluminum 2" extenders!! Guess I won't be buying them from this company!!

• Premium Member
I wanted to order these and I wanted the black ones to match my bike, which cost $30. When I went to pay, I noticed that they charge $16 just for shipping!! That is ridiculous, just for two light weight aluminum 2" extenders!! Guess I won't be buying them from this company!!
Just call them. They'll ship USPS for about $7.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
Just call them. They'll ship USPS for about $7.
Ok, I will. Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
@ kevinkbl Hey man, they look like a good fit. Could you give a bit more feedback on vibration, noise etc? Any problems?

And exactly which model did you order from their website? I see two models and they both say the same thing :o

@ kevinkbl Hey man, they look like a good fit. Could you give a bit more feedback on vibration, noise etc? Any problems? 
And exactly which model did you order from their website? I see two models and they both say the same thing :o
The original has too much blind spot, other extender is wide and low, not appropriate for high density traffic conditions. I need something that raise the mirror higher, thus the R&G, I do not encounter any blurry reflections from vibrations.