Perfect Mirror Extenders for the FJ-09!

@ kevinkbl Hey man, they look like a good fit. Could you give a bit more feedback on vibration, noise etc? Any problems? 
And exactly which model did you order from their website? I see two models and they both say the same thing :o
The original has too much blind spot, other extender is wide and low, not appropriate for high density traffic conditions. I need something that raise the mirror higher, thus the R&G, I do not encounter any blurry reflections from vibrations.
Thanks for the info! Ordering these. 

• 5 months later...
  • Premium Member
I had those Chinese extenders on my FZ-07. At freeway speed they were very buzzy blurry. The inside of my hex rusted as well. A buddy bought a pair for his FZ-07 and stripped the aluminum threads on install.
I installed the Adventure Techs on the FJ. They look like factory and no blur.

I had those Chinese extenders on my FZ-07. At freeway speed they were very buzzy blurry. The inside of my hex rusted as well. A buddy bought a pair for his FZ-07 and stripped the aluminum threads on install. I installed the Adventure Techs on the FJ. They look like factory and no blur.
Took a brisk 190km ride today to test a few things.   At up to 80kph mirror vision was rock-steady.   Between 80 and about 110kph or so, some [em]slight [/em]blurring, then back to quite steady.   Much better than I'd experienced on other bikes, especially my BMW twins, where at almost any speed it was hard to tell if a vehicle some way behind was a small car or large truck!   These are perfectly acceptable to me.   An FZ may have different harmonics, hence your experience with blurring. Your buddy is right - the aluminium is pretty soft and I learned from an earlier installation that the best way to avoid stripping the thread is to gently screw the extender into the mirror stem, while holding that bulky and unbalanced part nice and tight, rather than vv.   You have much better control (and vision) over thread insertion if doing it this way and the stem threads move gently into the riser.   But either way, a heavy-handed impatience will strip the riser threads!
[em]Wordsmith[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Thanks @jrkman I really like the ones from Richland Rick. I was going to get a set but shipping to Canada was almost the same price as the product it self. So need to see if someone sells out of Canada. They do look nice and very stock.
they can ship with a cheaper alternative, but I believe you gotta ask them through email. They've sent me an invoice directly to my paypal account. 
It's 10.50$us with first class instead of the priority mail. 

• 1 month later...
I just ordered and installed the 2" mirror extenders from Adventure Tech (
http://www.adventuretech.biz/). They got here fast, screwed right in and really fit the bill. I told Rick there "I just wanted to tell you that my side stand foot and mirror extenders arrived and I have them installed. The fit and finish is great and they look OEM. You even put Loctite on the screws! Great job, and thanks!". I am not often so satisfied.

These are THE solution to shoulder vision.

• Premium Member
My experience mirrors griskins. Surprisingly fast shipping to Eastern Canada and 5 minute install. Happiness guarantee fulfilled.
+1

My experience mirrors griskins. Surprisingly fast shipping to Eastern Canada and 5 minute install. Happiness guarantee fulfilled.
The Adventure Tech 2" extenders are damn near perfect. Figured out it would cost me about $15-18  in mat.to build them, then another hour drilling, tapping; and another 1/2 hour prepping for paint & painting. A $29 they are a steal, look like they came with the bike from Yamaha and improve rear view. What's not to like? 

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
The Adventure Tech 2" extenders are damn near perfect. Figured out it would cost me about $15-18  in mat.to build them, then another hour drilling, tapping; and another 1/2 hour prepping for paint & painting. A $29 they are a steal, look like they came with the bike from Yamaha and improve rear view. What's not to like?
I absolutely have to agree with this.  I now have had mine for just over 2 weeks.  They are perfect, at least for me.  6'1" and a little wider than your average... wait, no, I'm American, so my width IS average (270 lbs).  :)