Motorcycle Cruise Control review-The Aussie item

All due respeck, guys, but surely when you consider how they work it's unreasonable to expect these mechanical devices NOT to require some throttle adjustment when riding up and down hills.   They are purely mechanical, not magical!   But as said, if you can accept how they work they certainly can be useful, but less so in hilly terrain and/ or where throttle and/ or brake inputs are necessary as with a frequently twisting road, and so on.   I have a deluxe (!) Go Cruise model on the way (that's the one with the threaded screw in the device to minimise throttle-creep), and from past experience it simply won't be used at all when the going gets hilly.   But on straight more-or-less flat territory, they can be a useful bit of kit. 

Um... that's exactly the point I was trying to make. Locks are useful if taken in context, but they are not electronic cruise control. This is a thread about electronic cruise, so I was just pointing out the difference between the device mentioned and the device the discussion was originally about. If this were a thread about mechanical locks, I may have thought differently about posting the difference.
Congrats on the Go Cruise purchase.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um... that's exactly the point I was trying to make. Locks are useful if taken in context, but they are not electronic cruise control. This is a thread about electronic cruise, so I was just pointing out the difference between the device mentioned and the device the discussion was originally about. If this were a thread about mechanical locks, I may have thought differently about posting the difference. Congrats on the Go Cruise purchase.
Sorry, root - no offence meant.   I guess I get a trifle miffed when a few here express dissatisfaction with the throttle-lock devices, expecting them to do things they aren't capable of!   As said, if their shortcomings are known they can be very useful.   

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 5 weeks later...
This should be a factory option add on... totally brings the FJ-09 to another level of satisfaction...

currently running the Cruise Control with a reflashed ECU running Woolich Racing software and Race Kit... can even do up shifts with the QuickShifter when CC is running...

kit was well put together, quality parts, instructions are practically the best I have seen in years... my only worry was not being able to hear the " set up beeps" with my hearing loss...the beep are quite noticeable and I could tell the difference between the high and low tone beeps...

Even with the Higdonion upper crash bars installed I was able to slide the inner fairing pieces off... 

only difficult part I can see is the installation of the piggy back wire on the coil cap, I did get to the connection thru the frame but next time I would tip/pull the radiator forward by taking off the upper mount bolts
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived