What mileage has your tracer done

• 1 month later...
3000 miles, no problems and many smiles. It just keeps getting better. The other day after I retrieved the bike after a suspension upgrade the tech, who also works on Suzuki, Kawasaki and Polaris told me "the FJ  is so much fun to ride". I think we all agree.

21600 kilometres (13421 miles) in 6 months and going strong (no commuting - all travel).

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

• 2 weeks later...
12000 miles miles on the FJ-09. Just put my FJR1300 up for sale.

I thought I would use the FJ-09 for shorter rides and use the FJR for long distance, and did for a while.

However, I have now taken to using the FJ-09 for everything. Certainly not as powerful as the FJR, but SO MUCH Lighter, and has all the speed I can use.
I have added KTM hand guards, Madstad windshield, CPU Flash, EBC HH brake pads, Dunlap Roadsmart II tires, a very loud horn, better coverage Hugger, up graded suspension, and am completely happy with stock pipe and stock seat.

The light weight, comfortable ergos, fantastic engine, and up to date electronics are all great. To me, the very low up front price was just fine for the "Good bones" or the core of this bike, and offered a great platform to customize it to my particular taste and needs. The older I get, the more I appreciate light weight. I am not likely to go back to anything heavier ever again...

Anyone want my well maintained FJR?

• 4 weeks later...
Just got my new 15' over the weekend. Didn't have much time to put miles on it yet. 104 miles so far.
"I live at the end of a 1-way dead end street"

15' Yamaha FJ-09 Matte Grey - Current
04' BMW M3 AW/BLK 6MT Slicktop - Current (Daily)
89' Mazda Rx7 Black/LS1 6MT - Current (Track car)

Archived