a stranger in a strange land...

I'm somewhat intrigued by all the mentions here of [em]'I saw a Tracer in such-and-such place today'[/em], and of planned get-togethers of owners.
I had my first Tracer a little over a year ago, and have since travelled far and wide in this motorcycle-loving country, but in all that time have yet to see another Tracer on the road (a [em]definite[/em] sighting, that is , not a [em]'was it, wasn't it?'[/em]).
Harleys - dime a dozen.   GSs - seen everywhere, all the time.
Why is it so?   [em]Sob!  :'( [/em]
[em]Wordsmith  [/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
I see them.periodically here in Oregon. Two weeks ago I saw an FJ ride by while I was reffing a soccer match. I hope I didn't miss any bad fouls.

Come to Melbourne, you get to enjoy the ride and there are a few around!
I've been in Melb (originally from there) twice since my first Tracer and saw none!   Will be riding down again later this year - please have them lined-up for me on the Geelong Fwy! [em]W[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I was at a local dealership the other day looking around and saw a Fj parked in the parking lot so I made sure to park right next to him. When I was done looking around and came out, the guy was suiting up and getting ready to head out. We exchanged pleasantries asked each other how we like the FJ, both agreeing it's an awesome bike. That was the first FJ-09 I have seen out in the wild since I bought mine back in march.

Harley makes a quarter of a million motorcycles a year and has been making bikes for a long time. BMW has been making the GS for a long time.

Yamaha builds a bunch of bikes too, but the FJ09 has been out for only two years. There just aren't nearly as many of them around. I have seen a bunch of BMW GSs and FJRs out on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I see a bunch of Harleys around town (but rarely on the parkway). I have seen one FZ09 in the wild. I have yet to see another FJ09.

Along with looking for FJ's... I also feel a connection of sorts to Triumph Tigers when I see them out and about.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Along with looking for FJ's... I also feel a connection of sorts to Triumph Tigers when I see them out and about.
Funny you should mention this... Nine of my good riding companions (all former or current SV owners) are now on Triumphs.

5 on tigers, 1 Speed Triple, 2 Street Triples, and 1 Daytona.

I just couldn't drink the Kool-Aid man... Had to be different.  :D
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

My wife was busy baking and cooking for her charity gourmet lunch yesterday. I cannot stand the noise of the food-blender, cream-whipper, egg-beater, [em]et al[/em], all of which make the stock Tracer engine whine sound like a choir of angels, so I went out.

By pre-arrangement I met-up with fellow Queenslander [em]suncoaster[/em], who lives about 120km north of me on the Sunshine coast. We’d exchanged a few words recently about various farkles, so this was a chance to compare bikes, his being a new 2016 Race Blu model, and very tasty. Nice guy, too.

This was, BTW, my first-ever sighting of another Tracer on the road.

Between us I reckon we had most of the more popular farkles covered, including the all-important seats.

A pleasant if brief meeting (he works, I don't), but we enjoyed a coffee and sandwich together and chatted of this and that. We seem to come to the Tracer from different biking backgrounds, mine being largely BMW touring bikes such as R1200 R Roadsters and GSs, and suncoaster’s largely sports-bikes, his last being an R6.

A passing girl was co-opted into taking a pic (which is ghastly). We both look like startled rabbits caught in a car’s headlights, but it was a very bright sunny day, hence I guess the washed-out colours, but here ‘tis anyway. It will be noted that the real-life suncoaster (on right) does not look a lot like his mad avatar!
http://i.imgur.com/dZzm2Kyr.jpg

Nothing wrong with that pic there fellas....looks fine to me!

Come to Moree next month and you can meet up with me and my Tracer (Dudley...yes I name my bikes).

I'm a member of FarRiders come and say HI. It's our 10year anniversary event.

BTW, in Sydney I don't see many either. Although I did see one yesterday morning on the way to work (I was in the car).

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

As much as I love my FJ, I have yet to see another in Sarasota, Florida where I live. Tons of Harleys, a lot of BMWs and sport bikes of all makes. I've also never seen a KTM, Aprilia or a Moto Guzzi.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Like your riding companions trambo, I also went from an SV (650) to a Triumph (Street Triple); then to the FJ-09. It seemed like a logical progression to me, and I suspect many others agree.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

Archived