Fitting Kev mod O2 controller

BBB

I'm planning to fit the controller tomorrow, but the fitting instructions are for the MT09. Can it be fitted by just raising the back of the tank, as the instructions imply, or do I have to remove some of the tank surround and/or side panels?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, just unplug the O2 sensor from it's loom/location, plug in the Kevtex O2 "unit" and hid the "dangle" part of the deal. Secure with a zip tie or two. And you are done.

Enjoy the nice smooth ride, more power and in first gear, putt putting around, you will find this bike is suddenly a JOY to ride slow. (And if you like to ride dirt/fire roads... I can't say thanks enough to Kevin down in OZ land.. Nice work Mate!)

Well I must have enormous hands because there was no way I could thread the original loom back up through the frame without better access. I took the right hand side panels and tank surround off, then propped up the end of the tank after removing 2 bolts. That gave me enough hand clearance to bring the original loom up and the new loom back down again from the new circuit box located by the battery.

Luckily the panels come off quickly so the whole job only took 40 minutes, even with me putting the 02 sensor connector back to front on the locating tab and then struggling to get it back off again.

Looking forward to riding it now!

Well I must have enormous hands because there was no way I could thread the original loom back up through the frame without better access. I took the right hand side panels and tank surround off, then propped up the end of the tank after removing 2 bolts. That gave me enough hand clearance to bring the original loom up and the new loom back down again from the new circuit box located by the battery. 
Luckily the panels come off quickly so the whole job only took 40 minutes, even with me putting the 02 sensor connector back to front on the locating tab and then struggling to get it back off again.

Looking forward to riding it now!

So what do you think?? My mods are 2bros full system, k&n filter and will be installing graves block off plates this weekend.....re: after installing the exhaust and filter I have a dead/surge spot around 5500 rpms that is driving me nuts!!! 

I'm not sure it will cure the deadspot you're talking about, but mine (which is stock) is now much smoother at lower revs, without compromising throttle response. Mode A is now a lot easier in traffic for example.

Does anyone know if Kev's O2 controller is still available?  His Ebay listing has expired. Thanks.
New listing ?: http://www.ebay.com/itm/142053155148
Even when there wasn't a listing I sent him a message via ebay and he listed one straight away for me.

I have been having a big problem with the off/on throttle at low speeds but also when in the 4-5k rpm range crusing in 3rd or 4th.

Any of you have these problem,s prior to install and seen it fixed by this mod?
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 1 month later...
A much belated thanks for the offer thruster8999. I just ordered one, been running around all summer playing Mr. Mom for my girl missing all the prime riding :)

So I should have this on in time for the fall season. With a little luck we will be enjoying riding into november.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Archived