Comfortable Hand Grips

• Premium Member
I have OE heated grips and like you, wanted an increased diameter for comfort. Replacing the grips was not an option so Grip Puppies have provided a solution. They are elastic so do not need gluing and I have done about 12,000 miles with them fitted.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Would anyone recommend a comfortable set of handlebar hand grips? The stock grips are a bit too hard and skinny and my hands get fatigued quickly. I had wrap around grip buddies installed for about a month or so (loved the comfort of thicker, softer grips), but they eventually failed (glue let go and they started wandering). I am not sure I want to go grip puppy way, and would prefer to just install a quality set of grips to replace the stock rubber.

Another cheap and easy option is to simply wrap an overgrip for tennis racquets over the stock grips. I have wrapped black Wilson overgrips on my grips and it makes them a bit bigger and softer, just what I was looking for. Works great with heated grips too.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice photo and find.

I've always used ATV/Snowmobile heater tape, and mounted it OVER the stock grips, pulled a tight wrap of 3M electrical tape stretched while wrapped around that, or a heat shrink tube of the right size... and then slipped grip puppies over it all.

Heated grips that work like they should, are cheap and when the foam outers wear out, just slip a new set over the heater/tape and you are good to go.

I'm going to have to try and find those bicycle foam grips.. they look like some used on beach cruisers. :)

Comfort for our hands is pretty important, especially as we deal with age and arthritis. Sucks to get old, but hey, I ride a nice bike anyway! :)

• Premium Member
wessie do grip puppies reduce the effectiveness of the heated grips?
No - stated this in the other thread. 
Obviously, it takes a little while longer before the heat gets to your hands but once the Grip Puppies are warm they remain warm. We are talking tens of seconds, though.

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 4 months later...
  • Supporting Member
I have always used the Pro Grip model 719 on my motorcycles....don't like the other's too-spongy grips. Here's a good deal: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/4503/i/pro-grip-719-rvgs-open-end-gel-grip
Yes, those are my favorite as well. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
I have always used the Pro Grip model 719 on my motorcycles....don't like the other's too-spongy grips. Here's a good deal: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/4503/i/pro-grip-719-rvgs-open-end-gel-grip
I use the ProGrip 714s' on all of my bikes. They are great buzz absorbers and provide effortless grip. Highly recmmended! 

I use the ProGrip 714s' on all of my bikes. They are great buzz absorbers and provide effortless grip. Highly recmmended!
I used to use Oury grips for many years, but switched to ProGrip 714's for my last few bikes. They're comfortable and hold up nicely. 

I recently discovered re-grip while looking at grip puppies. These fit over your grips and allow the heat from heated grips to come through - though it does take longer to get to your hands. I really like the feel. They are grippy and add bulk - but not too much bulk - to the grips. The medium size went on easy and fit snugly. 

Archived