Scratch Protection Film for the Gauges?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporting Member
I just placed an order myself. I chose the anti-glare, at certain angles on a sunny day it can be blinding!

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
Speedo-angels was very quick to act on all aspects of correspondence and the ordering process. I had emailed them asking for notification when they were back in stock, which he did. After the Paypal confirmation, a very short time later I received a shipping notification invoice.

• Premium Member
I made my own anti-glare protector from a template someone post a while ago using a protector for a I-pad type device with enough to make 4 protectors but I our screens really don't need ant-glare (I wanted scratch protection). Has anyone installed their ultra clear protector and if so, how easy did it go on and was preventing bubbles an issue and is it sticking well at the perimeter??

20170511_181116.jpg

Have now fitted the speedo angels dash protection,and can say this is a quality, well made product. I went for the clear ( don't get too much sun glare in Scotland ) , you wouldn't know there was anything stuck to the dash.

I have some tiny scratches on mine and I'm gonna try this product on it. I had this on the shelf already from my jeeping days, it was supposed to work well to remove scratches from soft top windows. I just used it the other day to remove scratches from my f150 gauge cluster. I rested an iPad on it the other day to monitor some stuff and the dust covering it combined with a bumpy road left some nice scratches. It removed them completely so I'm confident it'll remove them from the FJ instrument cluster as well. 
NOVUS 7136 Plastic Polish Kit - 2 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UD0GIG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_aE-NybV2922NA

Did you ever end up using this product and how was the result? I barely rubbed my finger nail across the guage and it left a scratch... Unbelievable. 

• Supporting Member
Have now fitted the speedo angels dash protection,and can say this is a quality, well made product. I went for the clear ( don't get too much sun glare in Scotland ) , you wouldn't know there was anything stuck to the dash.
I just got mine in the mail and installed it right away, - 100% disappointed.  >:D   I bought the anti-glare and it is not transparent, it is translucent, it s like a slightly foggy face shield on a cold morning, I can barely read the display now.  I followed the instructions, removed the back protector, removed the bubbles with the squeegee-like device, then removed the front protector.  What good is a screen protector if it makes the display difficult to read?  Oh well, into the trash bin with it.

• Premium Member
I just got mine in the mail and installed it right away, - 100% disappointed.  >:D   I bought the anti-glare and it is not transparent, it is translucent, it s like a slightly foggy face shield on a cold morning, I can barely read the display now.  I followed the instructions, removed the back protector, removed the bubbles with the squeegee-like device, then removed the front protector.  What good is a screen protector if it makes the display difficult to read?  Oh well, into the trash bin with it.

Hmmm. I got the anti glare and I'm quite happy with mine. No problems reading the display for me.

Let’s go Brandon

Archived