Newer rider eyeing an fj-09

• Supporting Member
Haha, glad you're enjoying it. Your stock tool kit has everything you need to adjust your front forks and rear spring. It is important that they work together.
Is it just me or am I missing a tool kit?  

LlXq7Fu.jpg

Affirmative. You are definitely missing a toolkit.

d39843e5e16b7de79f5552e87cfedff4.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well eff I guess the owner's manual wasn't the only thing the dealership forgot to give me. That's kind of a bummer guess I gotta call them tomorrow.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

Loving the white color!..I wish I could convince myself to buy white body panels but I cant have 2 white colored bikes.. my FZ-07 is white, my FJ-09 is hyper speed red(we all know the mythological orange FZ-09 is the fastest bike color ?, just ask forum member #1) and my WR-250f is blue...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
In that same spot I got a tool kit AND the pouch with the owners book and the standard "safety book".

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

So my opinion might be unpopular on here but I'll give it anyways.
I'm 31 and just purchased an FJ a month ago as my first bike. I commute 50 miles each way 6-7 days a week down Ca Hwy-74. They say this is one of the deadliest stretches of road in the country for bikes. I also seem to find every excuse possible to take long rides whenever possible. In the last 32 days I put over 3000 miles on my new FJ without a problem to speak of. That being said I have given my self a little pucker factor entering turn a little too fast for my skill level a hand full of times. That experience is very sobering. I don't have any real experience on 2 wheels except for a little dirt bike time as a kid. Like you I do however have years of experience operating high power cars as well as ATV's, heavy equipment, airplanes, helicopters, race trucks, sand rails, rock bouncers...etc. Maybe people would say I am an exception to the rule because operating fast and or dangerous machines is just something I do well and have a lot of diverse experience at. I would reply to that, its just who I am. If you are the type of person who can handle lots of power, learn a new skill and suppress your usually wrong survival instinct in an emergency situation until you get used to the new machine... then you can learn on anything. Ultimately you have a brain and the bike has a throttle for a reason. If the bike fits you well and its what you're going to be happy with for years, I say go for it. The FJ is an amazing machine and I look forward to getting on it every single day. Even when its cold and rainy I'd rather ride the FJ than drive my nice comfy truck.

Have fun but be safe out there
RED

Guess i should have read the whole thread before posting this lol. Congrats on the bike. i'l leave this up anyways in case someone else finds it useful.

So my opinion might be unpopular on here but I'll give it anyways. I'm 31 and just purchased an FJ a month ago as my first bike. I commute 50 miles each way 6-7 days a week down Ca Hwy-74. They say this is one of the deadliest stretches of road in the country for bikes. I also seem to find every excuse possible to take long rides whenever possible. In the last 32 days I put over 3000 miles on my new FJ without a problem to speak of. That being said I have given my self a little pucker factor entering turn a little too fast for my skill level a hand full of times. That experience is very sobering. I don't have any real experience on 2 wheels except for a little dirt bike time as a kid. Like you I do however have years of experience operating high power cars as well as ATV's, heavy equipment, airplanes, helicopters, race trucks, sand rails, rock bouncers...etc. Maybe people would say I am an exception to the rule because operating fast and or dangerous machines is just something I do well and have a lot of diverse experience at. I would reply to that, its just who I am. If you are the type of person who can handle lots of power, learn a new skill and suppress your usually wrong survival instinct in an emergency situation until you get used to the new machine... then you can learn on anything. Ultimately you have a brain and the bike has a throttle for a reason. If the bike fits you well and its what you're going to be happy with for years, I say go for it. The FJ is an amazing machine and I look forward to getting on it every single day. Even when its cold and rainy I'd rather ride the FJ than drive my nice comfy truck.

Have fun but be safe out there
RED

Guess i should have read the whole thread before posting this lol. Congrats on the bike. i'l leave this up anyways in case someone else finds it useful.
How have I not seen you? I also commute 50 miles each way, and take the 74 from Lake Elsinore halfway to the 215. You must be coming over the Ortega?

Archived