Moto's 0-60

I saw a Harley race a Golf cart last weekend and the Harley edged him out by a nose. The Golf cart driver said he spun his tires on the start or he would have smoked him. :D

• Premium Member
I saw a Harley race a Golf cart last weekend and the Harley edged him out by a nose. The Golf cart driver said he spun his tires on the start or he would have smoked him. :D
Not this Harley 
http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/02/19/harley-davidson-xr1200-sportster-best-used-motorcycles-sport-standard-bike-review/

IMAG0347.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

I got a buddy at work with with a new Harley (don't ask me what kind). I'm pretty sure its a 103cc.. he's got performance cams and exhaust on it. That thing is quick. Not as quick as the FJ, but I was thoroughly impressed.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Harley's are great going straight with 70's music trying to be heard over the non-exhaust. I mean really. They buy all the leather the Harley shop has and complete the look with a walmart doo rag playing Hotel Californa over and over with an occasional Sailing by Chris Croft. Oops that's 1980, way too modern. I'll stick with my FJ or the golf cart. They both are better in the canyons.

• Premium Member
Harley's are great going straight with 70's music trying to be heard over the non-exhaust. I mean really. They buy all the leather the Harley shop has and complete the look with a walmart doo rag playing Hotel Californa over and over with an occasional Sailing by Chris Croft. Oops that's 1980, way too modern. I'll stick with my FJ or the golf cart. They both are better in the canyons.
Guess you've never been on an XR.  

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
I like asking people who mock a particular motorcycle how many and what models of that brand have they actually owned.

And some people may not know this but a bike has no control over the nucklehead that's riding riding it.
BLB

Since I'm the one that started the ball rolling on the Harley thing , let me just say this. I was just trying to be funny, no offense meant to anybody or any motorcycle or Golf cart manufacturer.

• Supporting Member
I'll stick with my FJ or the golf cart. They both are better in the canyons.
I was ripping through Yakima Canyon a few years ago and a Harley rider with his passenger were keeping up just fine, and I was keeping it at 90-95mph...  I was impressed. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
I question accuracy. Our bikes are faster than a 2008 R1?

Also, the 2008 WR250R dual sport model is significantly faster than the WR250X which is the same bike with street wheels and tires and slightly stiffer suspension. 6.7 v. 7.5? Doubt it.

I think @otaylor38 has a point - the quarter mile times actually look more believable, at least relative to one another.

Archived