Side tank grip pads

Out for a spirited ride through my mountainous home town I realized that I could really use some pads on the side of my tank, my summer riding jeans slip around quite a lot and it's not exactly confidence inspiring especially under heavy breaking. I see there's a few options available just curious what you guys are running.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

• Premium Member
I had TechSpec on my VTR1000F but I found it is not as effective as Stompgrips, which I also have on my FJ-09.

BTW, I returned the otherwise excellent Aerostitch - Aero Designs sheepskin seat pad which just did not work for me and after wearing in my custom Sargent saddle have never looked back so to speak.

20160705_222532.jpg

• Supporting Member
+1 on StompGrip.   I have been running it on my ZX6R track bike for years, and really like the way it works.

I haven't felt the need for it yet on the FJ, but see that they do have a kit available:  http://www.stompgrip.com/shop/powersports/streetbike/yamaha?year=2015&model=fj-09  

Awesome thanks for the feedback, I was wary about techspec and it seems I was right to be. It didn't seem that the top half of the pad would be very useful. The stompgrip offering looks good, I like how they put some grippy stuff down on the "carbon fiber" side panels I noticed that my leg makes a lot of contact with that area.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights

I've used Stomp grip on ,my track bike for years and it has served me well. I went with Tech Spec on the FJ-09 and I really like it. It's custom cut to fit the FJ-09 and was very easy to put on. There is a upper and lower pad. It made a huge difference on braking. I don't feel the need to hang off of the FJ-09 like my track bike so the Tech spec grip woks just fine for me. Ordered mine from Revzilla.

Very timely thread... noticed on today's ride that I need the grip right on the faux CF panels, not on the tank (way too high). StompGrip in my very near future. Thanks guys!!
Yes I agree about the tank portions being much too high. I think I'm going to get the stompgrip pads and trim the upper pad so it only covers the lowest portion of the tank which seems to be the only spot my leg contacts. Also think it will look quite good, I'll post some pics when I finish my hack job.

Archived