McCruise and Yamaha Cruise

Contacted McCruise the other day with some questions about their product for the FJ 09. They were very helpful and even gave me a 5% discount code for general use ( L34LPIEIKFLO ). They also said that they only had 40 -50 units left and would not be making any more but will continue to support the product.

This got me thinking about what Yamaha might be doing for next year. Has anyone heard any good rumors or inside info on adding cruise to the FJ 09 next year? What about other changes?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporting Member
I haven't heard anything about the 2018 models yet, but hope that they FINALLY implement cruise control. I have the MCCruise and it is fantastic.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
A word of advise on the install, lay out all of the pieces and read through the instructions before picking up a tool familiarize yourself with what you will need to do before you do it. The instructions are very detailed and may seem overwhelming at first, but if you actually read each step carefully, the installation is a breeze.
Did you buy the Tenere switch gear or their standard switch?

• Premium Member
A word of advise on the install, lay out all of the pieces and read through the instructions before picking up a tool familiarize yourself with what you will need to do before you do it. The instructions are very detailed and may seem overwhelming at first, but if you actually read each step carefully, the installation is a breeze. Did you buy the Tenere switch gear or their standard switch?
Just butting in here, but I was an early adopter and got the standard switch. Absolutely no regrets! It looks great and functions well! You would have to be majorly anal  to be bothered by the switches..... 

A word of advise on the install, lay out all of the pieces and read through the instructions before picking up a tool familiarize yourself with what you will need to do before you do it. The instructions are very detailed and may seem overwhelming at first, but if you actually read each step carefully, the installation is a breeze. Did you buy the Tenere switch gear or their standard switch?
Just butting in here, but I was an early adopter and got the standard switch. Absolutely no regrets! It looks great and functions well! You would have to be majorly anal  to be bothered by the switches.....
count me as majorly anal then because I love my mccruse with the tenere switch. Lol. Couldn't bring myself to put a big block on my bars if an OEM style switch is available. That's just me with a little extra discresionary cash.

• Supporting Member
count me as majorly anal then because I love my mccruse with the tenere switch. Lol. Couldn't bring myself to put a big block on my bars if an OEM style switch is available. That's just me with a little extra discresionary cash.
Me too.  When I saw that the FJR or Tenere switch block was an option, I opted for the OEM look and functionality. 

Love the McCruise and specifically bought it as I am crossing the Nullabor (here in Oz) next week. 

Hubby has the Tenere and while the OEM switch block would be nice, I do not find the addition of the control panel off the mirror uncomfortable or unsightly.

Guess, it's all personal "sex" appeal I suppose but I like mine just as it is.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

• Supporting Member
Dayum those are expensive.
Yes they are, and worth every penny IMHO.  I use mine all of the time and have never regret the expense. 

• Premium Member
Dayum those are expensive.
Yes they are, and worth every penny IMHO.  I use mine all of the time and have never regret the expense.
Second that for sure! Bounce that money up against an aftermarket exhaust which gives you a few more horses versus the ability to ride comfortable for a few extra hours a day on a long ride and for me it was no contest! 

• Supporting Member
A little birdie told me to expect a factory cruise option in 2018 or 19. Birdie tends to be correct about a lot of things.
Lets hope so!  Why Yamaha decided to put one on the FZ10 while ignoring the FJ makes no sense to me. 

A little birdie told me to expect a factory cruise option in 2018 or 19. Birdie tends to be correct about a lot of things.
Let's hope they won't make significant changes to these model years to make porting CC to earlier models a pain. If I don't see the system available next year, I'll have to McCruise it... and based on the feedback, won't be sorry for doing it.
The OP revealed McCruise isn't making units for the FJ anymore so only existing inventory is left for sale.  That would tend to indicate the birdie isn't the only one who suspects a factory cruise soon.  To be honest, insider knowledge of a factory cruise coming was the first gut feeling I had for why McCruise would stop making them.

Archived