McCruise and Yamaha Cruise

@wordsmith - yes, I'll install the McCruise myself. It'll give me a chance to check the wiring for the spotlights and dashcam.

The included instructions are comprehensive with many photos.
All I need is a day off.
Kimmie said it took Karl 4 hours, so It'll probably take me 6 !

My local mechanic could do it if I don't get time.

kimmie recommends a guy living near me at Capalaba - apparently he has installed many such devices.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the instructions are very nicely done, even explains whys and why nots... nice little troubleshooting section as well as a detailed step by step " teaching the cruise control to learn your bikes electronics"...

im just waiting to burn up the gas in the tank before installing...

no need to rush the install job, take my time and do it right...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
kimmie recommends a guy living near me at Capalaba - apparently he has installed many such devices.
No need to pay someone to do it.  Honestly, if you follow the instructions, (and they are very thorough) it shouldn't be a worry.  The biggest thing is to read each step and follow it exactly as described.  It took me awhile because I am anal about wire routing and keeping everything neat under the tank and seat. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I went with the standard switch. Thanks for the advice on really studying the instructions before jumping into the middle of things.
If all else fails, follow the instructions....

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
Glad you finally got your CC. Definitely contact them about the brake flasher BEFORE starting the install, you dont want to get part way through the install and then have to change something.
The install should go smoothly if you are comfortable with simple tools and can follow instructions. The hardest it gets is one wire requiring heat shrink, the rest is just following step by step and wire routing.
I am kind of anal about keeping the wiring neat and routed perfectly, so I did a few steps twice and it took me a bit over 6 hours.

• Premium Member
The pigeon took the long (cheaper :P ) route, but the McCruise finally arrived. Now to find some time to get it installed. An interesting disclaimer in the manual (below).
"NOTE: - If the bike is fitted with a flasher device on the brake light system this may cause interference with the cruise control brake detection. If the cruise control will not work try disconnecting the flasher device or replacing the LED globe with a conventional globe. Contact us for ways to enable both your brake light flasher or LED brake light and the cruise control."

I have both LED turn signals and a brake light flasher-Blaster X tail light and turn signal combo (https://www.customled.com/products/2015-2016-2017-yamaha-fj-09-integrated-led-tail-light) and notified them when I ordered. My unit functions flawlessly. There is obviously a difference in the two setups.

If you cannot reach the left side coil pack thru the frame, you could pull the top 2 radiator support bolts out and pull the radiator forward to reach the coil pack... I only thought of it well after the fact of doing the installation...

I was also still able to slide the fairing pieces out even with the Higdonion Upper Cage in place!!!!  
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• 7 months later...
Is there a specific year or part number of super tenere switch block that I should order for use with the McCruise?

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

They give you the part number on the website. 2BS-83954-00-00  

It works great BTW. 

Thanks! I saw the part number for the FJR, but somehow missed the ST. Almost $100 cheaper for the ST.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
They give you the part number on the website. 2BS-83954-00-00  

It works great BTW. 
Thanks! I saw the part number for the FJR, but somehow missed the ST. Almost $100 cheaper for the ST.
You might already be aware of this but when you order make sure you specify either FJR or ST wiring harness, they are not the same. 

You might already be aware of this but when you order make sure you specify either FJR or ST wiring harness, they are not the same. 

Any advantage of using the FJR over the ST switch block (or vice versa)?? I thought the FJR was much more expensive but I have located it withing $30 of the ST.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
There is no advantage of one over the other that I am aware of. I bought the ST switch block because it was cheaper at the time (about a year ago)

Archived