McCruise and Yamaha Cruise

Hmmm...cruise control is an option I am looking to add over the winter but as soon as we 1st Gen ownera find out the factory CC won't retrofit to 1st Gen models them 50 units or so left will be gone overnight ?
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone price out a cruise kit (replacement components) for say the FZ-10 or the ST? I realise it's probably integrated i.e. harness and switch cluster etc. so can't breakout just the cruise parts. How would these compare with MC pricing?
Factory cruise is usually built into the central ECU.  I doubt anything Yammy does will port very easily to earlier models.  McCruise and other aftermarkets use a separate compute module that take the extra button inputs (factory tenere or 3rd party), pass through speed, brake and clutch sensors, then modify the YCC throttle input that is passed through the box as well.  That said, there's a slim chance an ECU flash will be backward compatible but would still take some electrical engineering to get the button inputs tied into the ECU to add the control.  It's a pretty long shot anything Yamaha adds to an 18 or 19 model will work on a 15.  That said, I've heard of an ECU flash that reuses some existing buttons such as the starter to get ECU cruise, but I'm not totally sold on that methodology since it takes a learning curve for anyone new riding the bike to pick up.

Hmmm...cruise control is an option I am looking to add over the winter but as soon as we 1st Gen owners find out the factory CC won't retrofit to 1st Gen models them 50 units or so left will be gone overnight ?
49 units or so... 
I'm not waiting.

Hmmm...cruise control is an option I am looking to add over the winter but as soon as we 1st Gen owners find out the factory CC won't retrofit to 1st Gen models them 50 units or so left will be gone overnight ?
49 units or so... 
I'm not waiting.
48* ...not gambling either...just got the plain jane one for $500 w/ discount

• Premium Member
There's always the Rostra option for the few willing to endure the installation process. Mine is still working well. Not sure it's worth the couple hundred bucks you'd save over the MC Cruise unit though.

20170803_202632.jpg

20170803_201106.jpg

Got mine today in less than a week... looks like I got 50 page detailed instructions manual  thumb thru 

Don't forget to check the 1st posting of the thread for a discount ?

just got reply back from MCCruise... even after the Cruise Control uints are discontinued you can email em to buy a " patch wire loom" to use with the stock FJR switch block for example... I had to ask since I didn't have the extra funds on hand to buy a switch block and patch wire loom when I brought my cruisr control...

• Supporting Member
From what I read on their site, the ST option is actually missing a feature that the McCruise panel has built in... the "engaged" indicator LED.... but I could be wrong.
When you get their wiring harness for the Tenere switch gear, it DOES have the red LED power light.  There are instructions to drill a hole and wire it in the switch gear or since it is a separate wire on the harness, you can mount the light more in line of sight.  

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
Its a "power" or ON light, the cruise doesn't "engage" until you press the SET button. the unit can be ON but not ENGAGED.
I have the Tenere switch and harness, maybe their standard switch works slightly different?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I was just curious If they could supply the patch wire looms after they stop selling the units... im really not looking to use a ST switch block...was just curious...

20170803_201106.jpg

Got mine today in less than a week... looks like I got 50 page detailed instructions manual  thumb thru 

Snap !Two days from Melbourne to QLD..
Now to find time to fit it.

P_20170804_162736.jpg

20170803_201106.jpg 

Snap ! Two days from Melbourne to QLD..
Now to find time to fit it.

P_20170804_162736.jpg

Interesting you got a blue decal sticker... Mine is black/silver which means mines faster ?

I was an early adopter of the McCruise and have found it to be an outstanding product. I have never had better customer service than dealing with Tony, one of the owners of the company. I was able to buy the Super Tenere switch that made everything a like factory installation.

@wordsmith - yes, I'll install the McCruise myself.
It'll give me a chance to check the wiring for the spotlights and dashcam.

The included instructions are comprehensive with many photos.
All I need is a day off.
Kimmie said it took Karl 4 hours, so It'll probably take me 6 !

My local mechanic could do it if I don't get time.

Archived