New FJ owner, Eastern Pa.

Welcome, and enjoy the bike! Didn't take you long to come up with the big three... bags optional. :P
Big three on this forum are undoubtedly the three 'esses' - seat, suspension, screen.   Though I must say I find the screen quite OK.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Welcome aboard and enjoy the modding/farkling.

The guys on here are a wealth of knowledge

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

Thanks you for the greetings and welcome.
The ECU flash is moving to the top of the list. As previously stated, the motor is fantastic, but the heavy engine braking when chopping the throttle I find to be excessive. Worse than any other bike I've ridden before. The suspension I can live with for now. IT's not bad after some adjustment.

Thanks you for the greetings and welcome. The ECU flash is moving to the top of the list. As previously stated, the motor is fantastic, but the heavy engine braking when chopping the throttle I find to be excessive. Worse than any other bike I've ridden before. The suspension I can live with for now. IT's not bad after some adjustment.
That's strange - very recently someone posted here that they disliked the lack of engine braking!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
Congrats on the new bike, and welcome to the forum. You nailed it on your first upgrades, if you search the forum, you will find lots of information about all the upgrades you mentioned.

Thanks you for the greetings and welcome. The ECU flash is moving to the top of the list. As previously stated, the motor is fantastic, but the heavy engine braking when chopping the throttle I find to be excessive. Worse than any other bike I've ridden before. 

brider225 i know what you mean about the feel of engine braking when you thrash it through the gears.  I had an ECU flash done and had the decel cut turned off, which made hard acceleration through the gears just right.

congratulations on the bike...

the FJ-09 is " ride by wire " rather than a system thats fully cable operated... the faster you chop the throttle back, the electronic servo senses that and quickly controls the throttle bodies to react the same way practically in real time...for example a reg ole carb set up you notice(feel) a slight hang open of the throttle bodies/slide from the airflow keeping the slide hung up a bit... if you roll off the throttle the engine braking is gradual but hardly noticeable compared to the FZ-07 which has 1233577665333567% more engine braking...

check chain slack...should be bout an inch...
make sure the throttle cable with the adjustment knob on it is taking up the slack, I got my throttle cable tight like race bike trigger...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

I agree, purchased a 2015 brand new about 2 months go. Barely any engine braking that I can notice. Also if you ECU flash, think of getting a quick-shifter as well, the 2015 doesn't come with dual assist plus slipper clutch like the 2017s, I'm still getting used to hard upshifts with the regular shifter. 

Archived