Jump to content
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online

Ecu


bmwdr

Recommended Posts

  • 1 year later...

Can you (or someone) please explain what an ECU flash is for my ignorant ass? I would guess it's throttle related. I have no complaints about my ride, except for the part about not going faster than 117 on an 850 triple. I might get a new exhaust, should I wait to get my blahblah flashed until after I get my new can, or is it easy to do multiple times?

i'm not a patient person.

thanks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
5 minutes ago, slinkydog said:

Can you (or someone) please explain what an ECU flash is for my ignorant ass? I would guess it's throttle related. I have no complaints about my ride, except for the part about not going faster than 117 on an 850 triple. I might get a new exhaust, should I wait to get my blahblah flashed until after I get my new can, or is it easy to do multiple times?

i'm not a patient person.

thanks.

 

If you love it now - you will want to make children with it after an ECU flash..

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

If you love it now - you will want to make children with it after an ECU flash.

I have children. Children = not motorcycle riding. Just kidding, I love neglecting my children while I adjust my chain tension.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, slinkydog said:

Can you (or someone) please explain what an ECU flash is for my ignorant ass? I would guess it's throttle related. I have no complaints about my ride, except for the part about not going faster than 117 on an 850 triple. I might get a new exhaust, should I wait to get my blahblah flashed until after I get my new can, or is it easy to do multiple times?

i'm not a patient person.

thanks.

 

The flash, at least on the '15-'17, removed the electronic speed limiter. Also, with a new exhaust you'll get a larger power boost. You have to pull the ECU out every time you want it reflashed. If I'm remembering correctly, 2WDW does not charge you again if you wish to update your flash later one. But confirm that with them first. IMO it's money well spent!

'15 FJ09

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, koth442 said:

The flash, at least on the '15-'17, removed the electronic speed limiter. Also, with a new exhaust you'll get a larger power boost. You have to pull the ECU out every time you want it reflashed. If I'm remembering correctly, 2WDW does not charge you again if you wish to update your flash later one. But confirm that with them first. IMO it's money well spent!

And the ECU is some sort of electronic control module that I'm probably going to need a Haynes manual to identify? Sorry, new bike owner, I'm starting from the bottom here. I envision a little black plastic box under my bike with a ton of wires coming out of it.

Assuming I find the ECU and remove it without damage, do I then ship it to 2WDW and they flash it and send it back to me?  And then I reinstall it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member

Just ride it for a while before you start tinkering with it. Weather your brand new or a grizzled old asphalt eater the bone stock fj09 has more than enough to keep a grin on your face. 

Let’s go Brandon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
On 9/1/2017 at 12:22 AM, bmwdr said:

Just had my ECU flashed by VCYCLE NUT in Fort Myers Fl. WOW what a difference
Great guy to work with super friendly, great communication, super fast,real reasonable price !!

Welcome to the rebirth family. Should have named  the FJ the Yamaha Phoenix. Mine  has gone through a number of rebirths in the 4 months/2500 Miles I’ve owned it. ECU being one of the biggest 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporting Member
4 hours ago, slinkydog said:

Can you (or someone) please explain what an ECU flash is for my ignorant ass? I would guess it's throttle related. I have no complaints about my ride, except for the part about not going faster than 117 on an 850 triple. I might get a new exhaust, should I wait to get my blahblah flashed until after I get my new can, or is it easy to do multiple times?

i'm not a patient person.

thanks.

 

2 wheel dyno works flash addresses the following

– Disable Injector Decel Cut
– Professional fuel map modification to suit stock exhaust
– Removal of all gear based or speed dependent restrictions, TRE
– Optimized timing maps for 91+ octane
– Disable AIS valve (always closed)
– Reduce Fan Temps 205°F
– Speedometer Calibration
– Default to A-mode (If requested)
– ECU Based Quickshifter

If you later get an aftermarket exhaust, the following flash is free.

Please call 425-269-5332 or send an email to 2wheeldynoworks.com

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2019 at 4:01 PM, slinkydog said:

And the ECU is some sort of electronic control module that I'm probably going to need a Haynes manual to identify? Sorry, new bike owner, I'm starting from the bottom here. I envision a little black plastic box under my bike with a ton of wires coming out of it.

Assuming I find the ECU and remove it without damage, do I then ship it to 2WDW and they flash it and send it back to me?  And then I reinstall it?

ECU = electronic control module. It sits right on top of the air box. 

Here is a nice little tutorial how to remove the ECU 

 

'15 FJ09

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2WDW has multiple tuning software and hardware bits to choose from...even cheaper exhaust when purchased with tune... You can pick n choose when tuning options you wanna address... Removal of speed limiter, etc...

Woolich Tuning

PowerCommander5

FTecu

Biazz ( spelling ?)

Time name a few...

 

Even has QuickShifters to be purchased

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×