Best Windscreen that you can see over

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am 5'-9" as well (32" inseam). I've had the Puig Touring and now have the Kappa 2122DT screen (Givi 2122DT equivalent), both in the highest position to minimize buffeting. I could see over the Puig in stock riser/bar position, but not so much over the the Kappa (borderline, which I found very annoying and distracting). I installed barback risers and can now see over the Kappa just fine as I sit more upright (very comfortable).
Can I ask why you didn't keep the Puig? My riding position is great now so no risers in my future. Thanks for your comments!

Best one is none! I'm serious, well when it's above 50°f nice clean quite air

The Givi one sits just above the bottom of my vision...this only gets usee when temps are below 40°f as it blocks alot of wind and pushes it away from your belly button area and upper thighs...I am very hard of hearing but I find using the Givi screen to amplify/echo? the intake noise and exhaust noise?? Don't take my word on this as the truth as my hearing is not the best...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
Can I ask why you remove them? I like the look of them even if they do nothing.
They did nothing for wind protection for my hands, and I don't particularly like their look... but it was mainly for the lack of wind protection in cold weather.
I removed the stock handguards for the same reasons and they add considerable width to the bars... Three strikes, you're out!

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
I'm 5'10". I too like the CalSci tinted shorty. 

I run my seat in the high position and the windscreen in the low position and the air is blocked from my torso but clean for my helmet.

I'm 5'11 and I've fitted the Givi screen - its quite tall but I do look over the top of it (I do have 20mm handlebar raisers with seat on low position). I love this screen - no helmet noise at all and I can hear the bike/engine/exhaust nicely now [which I never could before due to serious helmet noise (Arai helmet)]. I mostly ride with my visor up as I get no wind in my face. The only issue with the screen is if I'm on the highway and there is a lot of traffic, there is a bit of buffeting as a result of the turbulent air created by cars and trucks. Also great for riding in the rain as my visor stays pretty dry.

• Premium Member
It's too tall, there is a terrible pressure in my ears if visor open at all at slower speeds, I think k I should have gotten a shorter but wider than stock one in hindsight which is always 20/20 unfortunately. :)
If you got a Madstad, that is engineered to be adjustable, problems solved. 

It's too tall, there is a terrible pressure in my ears if visor open at all at slower speeds, I think k I should have gotten a shorter but wider than stock one in hindsight which is always 20/20 unfortunately. :)
It's a popular screen, and has a good rep generally. Sorry it didn't work out. I spent a small fortune on screens over the two seasons... and now done... I think. 
You can buy an Ermax Sport from @stevesweetz after he ends up hating it.  :D
So why is it the right one for you and how tall are you please and thanks?

Archived