Scuffed Heel Plates

Hey,

I assume this problem isn't unique to me - what do you guys do about scuffed heel plates?

The one piece design isn't great, there's no point replacing with Yamaha parts and I'd rather not pay for an expensive set of rearsets...

jxUlLXX4j_IIj54GVCgIqjEw2rJjksnGTc-ke4ktgUayEJS15uBsAL-ApQ-isxK7Aq9hu6TYyMJUh7Y-PF2Z6RMV-kAvSwpmNyyEegZ4ZJ7cG_EACIF0Ku7Mq2-pzNlVMwFug-oa6NsHzWoNOyxTK49Ef9ANlq-ryJ9qC0E3RFUF2YFNjPKVL_tCztHOdNJqpEudbUlSP9DEXnC1mwbmAzNM-xH7u0JwJn4JostKYwD7xh2ibo2-t3YPosOoUncwuxU9-M3DVCAwUpKlqW51TwHImSNj6ZZu2WkCsZBU0vzUMg-sJEao62C3FAxuxwPnbp-0vwAtODC9XVYA95Iwt34usg4XrveSuL2XDcINKrJ-9ECrwzTDywvwbWtVEDzUCi1sB150gwWlHYNfoqRofdl45YaZ4v1ibAwQ3l4XdNXHirWFhPj9RFj5j2d5qK-nTPqb1QdUe-gVd3QP-jkjFlJFYnU26DANVM8nif0UX0BZoYADzw15CUiyEgGMCC7IgMDAfKT5VQxjyDZO4Z3_nV604YyOdkD5aNyqKofAojKTAu2af483hbxBlDxzzbmmAuNNYVGQ6GaoIs9lPogJMN_MsKN92jnKyhh7oGi9LxfBtcL9YIqPl4WxEBcA0KnHYxg154qOqCm3ucmUXKBFNLEYbIxGffTF=w1695-h949-no

• Premium Member

Those scuffs are a badge of honor. They show that you ride/like/love the damn thing.  They show that you have thrown a leg over it and rode it somewhere, near or far. They are the marks of love.    Really.

It sounds silly, but it's true. Think about it. You go places together, you spend time together. Have adventures together. In the process you both change. You have experiences and memories. The bike get scuffs and dings and other marks. Proof that you and it spent time and went places together.

There are plenty of "pristine" bikes sitting under a cover in a garage or shed somewhere getting zero miles.

I'm willing to bet that if these bikes could talk they would say "let's go for a ride". Scuff marks be damned.

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Those scuffs are a badge of honor. They show that you ride/like/love the damn thing.  They show that you have thrown a leg over it and rode it somewhere, near or far. They are the marks of love.    Really.

It sounds silly, but it's true. Think about it. You go places together, you spend time together. Have adventures together. In the process you both change. You have experiences and memories. The bike get scuffs and dings and other marks. Proof that you and it spent time and went places together.

There are plenty of "pristine" bikes sitting under a cover in a garage or shed somewhere getting zero miles.

I'm willing to bet that if these bikes could talk they would say "let's go for a ride". Scuff marks be damned.

Not silly.....PERFECT!!!!! cool.png

• Premium Member

Not silly.....PERFECT!!!!! cool.png
Very sweet indeed, it makes me want to go out to my bike and rub some more paint off right now.   :-[
BLB

I embrace them. My other bike is for looking nice. The FJ-09 is my all weather go anywhere and (almost) any distance ride. I am meticulous with maintenance but scuffs on my heel plates add character.

Archived