Tenere 700 weighs 375 lbs, a good review from a tester

Cruizin

https://www.tenere700.net/forums/topic/56-nick-sanders-says-the-t-7-is-170-kgs-374-lbs/?tab=comments#comment-274

ADV guru Nick Sanders tested the bike for Yamaha and is in one of the videos. He reports that the bike is 375 lbs and is very good off road. He says it carries it's weight well and the seat is high but the stock seat will be lower.

I know that weight is probably legit... My FZ-07 stripped down of junk and stock airbox is #375 wet... I also joined the T7 forum to share my knowledge of the CP2 motor...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Any info on fuel capacity?

if the gas tank is same size as the FZ-07, 210 miles is doable with a mix of slow speed and highway travel...

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

If Yamaha keeps the weight around 400lbs or less and the price around $10k I'm going to get one. Plenty of people want a modern, non-pig adventure bike and I hope the Tenere700 is it. I've got a KTM500 EXC that's close but it's a little too hard core dirt biased for extended highway miles.

• 3 weeks later...
Yamaha USA website shows the 700 Tenere as a 2021 model - available in the second half of 2020. https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/adventure-touring/models/tenere-700 Price, "to be determined".

KTM will have their 790 Adventure model on the market before then and unless the 700 comes in well below KTM's price (also unknown), it's going to have a tough time.

KTM will have their 790 Adventure model on the market before then and unless the 700 comes in well below KTM's price (also unknown), it's going to have a tough time.
Agreed. That "first to market" thing is important. 

'15 FJ09

If Yamaha keeps the weight around 400lbs or less and the price around $10k I'm going to get one. Plenty of people want a modern, non-pig adventure bike and I hope the Tenere700 is it. I've got a KTM500 EXC that's close but it's a little too hard core dirt biased for extended highway miles.
According to manufacturer announcements of the last 2 days neither the T7 nor KTM's 790 came within 50 lbs of 400.  Oh, well - no unicorn for me. 

According to manufacturer announcements of the last 2 days neither the T7 nor KTM's 790 came within 50 lbs of 400.  Oh, well - no unicorn for me.
Meaning they are over 450lbs? Our 849cc street machines are 462lbs... would imagine a T7 being closer to 400.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Meaning they are over 450lbs? Our 849cc street machines are 462lbs... would imagine a T7 being closer to 400.Shortly after Yamaha's official announcement for the T7 three days ago the French Yamaha web site listed T7 specs including weight of 205 kg (451 lbs).  That info has since been taken down. 

• 3 months later...

UK publication MCN has an article on the Tenere 700 this week. 

Release date in UK is July, but preorders open on March 27th with introductory price of £8399. It will be £8700 normally. They reckon that is less than £100 a month on finance.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Archived