Items that fit the Tracer GT from the older model tracers.

quaxum

Not too sure if this has been started but i'm kinda curious.

More to the accessories.

[ul type=disc][li style=font-size:16px]Givi TN2122 crashbars will they fit on the newer tracer?[*]How about the front fender extender? Do the older fender extenders for the front fit the newer model GT?[/ul]
The list goes on and on. Hope to learn more.

Thanks in advance!

Givi have a separate listing for the GT. It seems to be in production now (until a few weeks ago it was still in manufacturing.

I personally believe the fittings are identical but most vendors are playing it safe and not releasing models for the GT until they have tested the fitting to ensure it is correct (which is the right way to do things).

So far, from what I have seen on the manufacturer websites, based on model numbers the following seem to be interchangable:

[ul type=disc][*]Sw-motech Crashbars[*]Radiator guards[*]Akropovic exhausts[/ul]

this is an interesting post, because some OEMs are stating their product is not compatible with the 900Gt even 
I can confirm that the fehiling crash bars for the 16/17 tracer fit the 900GT. I have them on mine
Hi Sir, any possibility if you could attach a pic of it? smiley.png And where did u get it from? 

• Premium Member
For US models, the seats on the FJ09 and the new 2019 Tracer 900 GT are not interchangeable.

Kathy's Journey bag liners for the FJR fit the Tracer 900 GT bags very well, I can't explain the details since the FJR lids are larger.  I suppose since the main body of the bags are the same, that does the trick.

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

Givi have a separate listing for the GT. It seems to be in production now (until a few weeks ago it was still in manufacturing. 
I personally believe the fittings are identical but most vendors are playing it safe and not releasing models for the GT until they have tested the fitting to ensure it is correct (which is the right way to do things).

So far, from what I have seen on the manufacturer websites, based on model numbers the following seem to be interchangable:

[ul type=disc][*]Sw-motech Crashbars[*]Radiator guards[*]Akropovic exhausts[/ul]

Thanks for the insights! 

The tracer GT rack from givi is the SR2139. Its different from the older tracer.

• 1 month later...

Things I've confirmed are the same and I've modified: Foot pegs, radiator guard, tail light, tail tidy, front fender extender, exhaust, blinker fittings, Air filter, axle sliders, kickstand. The R1 tach protector skin is the same as the Tracer GT.

Confirmed as different for mods: windscreen, headlights, seat

• Supporting Member

Interesting @piotrek - Looking at that picture, the entire lower casting is completely different than on the older FJs. I do like the new ABS sensor mounting location... cleaner and more protected.   

The more I see, the more I realize just how many little things Yamaha actually did change with the new Tracers. 

44 minutes ago, piotrek said:

Took a look at the goo GT while at a motorcycle show last night, and noticed that the orientation of the front axle is reversed from the FJ. Gotta wonder why they would make such a seemingly trivial change. Right side of the front wheel...

Capture.thumb.JPG.755bdf1aa7f602d97ed2b9850aa357de.JPG

Missed you at the show yesterday, Piotrek!

I spotted the black GT right away. And then gave the guys at Apex a hard time as I tried to buy one from them last year and they couldn’t get one. They had a nice grey model at their booth (same as mine) as well. 

Cheers,

Rob

2 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Interesting @piotrek - Looking at that picture, the entire lower casting is completely different than on the older FJs. I do like the new ABS sensor mounting location... cleaner and more protected.   

The more I see, the more I realize just how many little things Yamaha actually did change with the new Tracers. 

the abs sensor has changed in europe from 2017 model.. not new in the tracer gt

MODS: custom remapped 133 wheel power by T.R.E. / K&P WORKSHOP,  WOOLICH RACING + race tools package, reprofiled cams,  ported cylinder head,  higher compression, bored throttle bodies, ape cam tensioner,  OHLINS FGK237 cartridge & YA 535,  GPR V4, SKF Fork seals,  BREMBO RCS 19 Corta Rossa with SC pads, HEALTECH shift light PRO, AKRAPOVIC racing carbon exhaust, slipper clutch + Barnett clutch springs, JT Sprockets + JVMX 525 black 112 links chain, oil temp gauge drain plug, air filter DNA + Modded airbox, PIRELLI ROSSO CORSA II, YAMAHA LED plus blinkers, antitheft alarm scorpio 900i + perimeter sensor + kill engine module, CELLULAR INTERPHONE led slim fog lights with yamaha oem mounting bracket, YAMAHA heated grips and more....

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, kemmotar said:

the abs sensor has changed in europe from 2017 model.. not new in the tracer gt

Thanks for clarifying...  I didn’t realize that was a running production update.  It’s definitely an improvement from the setup on my 2015 model.  

Everything that comes to engine- exhaust etc is exactly the same and fits. Also blinkers, yamaha sliders, cruise control at the basic model, grill protection and front suspension tune and every aftermarket spring or cartridge....

What does not fit is givi crash bars,  rear racks for top case, side rack mounts for panniers , windshields (different mechanism), rear suspension (longer shock since there is a 60mm longer swingarm)... that comes at my mind atm...

MODS: custom remapped 133 wheel power by T.R.E. / K&P WORKSHOP,  WOOLICH RACING + race tools package, reprofiled cams,  ported cylinder head,  higher compression, bored throttle bodies, ape cam tensioner,  OHLINS FGK237 cartridge & YA 535,  GPR V4, SKF Fork seals,  BREMBO RCS 19 Corta Rossa with SC pads, HEALTECH shift light PRO, AKRAPOVIC racing carbon exhaust, slipper clutch + Barnett clutch springs, JT Sprockets + JVMX 525 black 112 links chain, oil temp gauge drain plug, air filter DNA + Modded airbox, PIRELLI ROSSO CORSA II, YAMAHA LED plus blinkers, antitheft alarm scorpio 900i + perimeter sensor + kill engine module, CELLULAR INTERPHONE led slim fog lights with yamaha oem mounting bracket, YAMAHA heated grips and more....

Same forks at the 2017+ FZ09/MT09. I had a 2017 FZ and was able to swap the axle sliders right over to the GT since the forks were the same. The rear axle slider also worked just fine. Other things I carried over from my FZ to GT were the radiator guard and frame sliders (both made by Evotech). 

2019 Tracer GT and 2015 SR400

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 11:59 AM, rlambke19 said:

Missed you at the show yesterday, Piotrek!

I spotted the black GT right away. And then gave the guys at Apex a hard time as I tried to buy one from them last year and they couldn’t get one. They had a nice grey model at their booth (same as mine) as well. 

Cheers,

Rob

Hey rlambke19,

I bought the Grey GT model that was on display at Apex boot at the show. Brought it home few days ago on Friday. Now I am suffering from PMS=>Parked Motorcycle Syndrome.

Looking to put crash bars and tall windshield. 

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 11:40 PM, Zakmilas said:

Hey rlambke19,

I bought the Grey GT model that was on display at Apex boot at the show. Brought it home few days ago on Friday. Now I am suffering from PMS=>Parked Motorcycle Syndrome.

Looking to put crash bars and tall windshield. 

Are you located in the KW area?

Depending on your height, you might find that a shorter screen is better than taller.

I have the MRA sport screen on mine and it works great for me.

Congrats on the new bike!

Edited by rlambke19