Power commander w GT model?

mikerbiker

• Premium Member

Thanks rlambke19 for the info,  I too sent him an email and had following exchange. 

I'm in New Jersey so will send down probably mid-January.  Still trying to get some riding time in before deep-freeze..

From Dave (vcyclenut@gmail.com):
Yes it is a totally different ecu ( well the programing is in it anyway)
I had to make changes just because of the different file but the tuning stuff is all the same as the motor and air box and exhaust are the same

just one so far and he was very happy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From me:

Thanks Dave.  That's great news.  For my understanding, is it a different ECU from earlier FJ-09 models and did you have to make any changes?
How many GT customers have you had so far?  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Dave:
Thank you for the interest in my product
Yes I have it available,  I need to update the website,   sorry I maintain my own website and sometimes I get a bit behind with it,  for now just use the fz/fj/xsr flash page

• 3 weeks later...

Morning Gents,

Just wanted to let those interested know that I currently just finished a dyno tuning session with 2WDW with my Tracer GT. Specs are as follows for parts. Graves block off plates, BMC air filter, and Akro Ti that has been ceramic coated in a matte black finish. After all was said and done the bike made 117 HP and 65 TQ to the rear tire. That was with the stock tire as well for those interested. Have to say the bike rides much smoother now compared to stock as far as engine vibrations are concerned. Also the midrange power comes on nicely and pulls strongly all the way to the fun stopping limiter. There is a video on 2WDW facebook page for those that are interested of the bike on the dyno.

Cheers 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Well I got my GT900 ecu flashed by Vcyclenut in FLA.  I'm in NJ so kept it on the east coast for simplicity.

I took it out last Saturday morning, got to post office around noon, and it came back to my house this morning!  

I'll report in when I ride a bit.  Weather's not the best this weekend.

What I learned:  I broke the ecu connector tabs when removing.  They should be squeezed upwards towards connectors.  I guessed wrong and pressed them downward w flat blade and they both broke.

I had full fuel tank which made it a little harder.  I didnt remove the tank, just pivoted upwards to avoid disconnecting lines underneath.  The extra weight of fuel could've been avoided if i planned better.

Next time, I'll do when close to empty and disconnect the lines for more room.

There's more plastic on this bike compared to my last one but now having removed them seem pretty straightforward.

Thanks Vcyclenut for quick turnaround!

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, mikerbiker said:

I had full fuel tank which made it a little harder.  I didnt remove the tank, just pivoted upwards to avoid disconnecting lines underneath.  The extra weight of fuel could've been avoided if i planned better.

A quick tech tip, - when you loosen the 4 tank bolts, lift the tank and swing it around backward and rest it where the front seat would go. (rest it on a towel)  It gives you completely unrestricted access to the ECU and airbox.  You can keep all of the lines connected.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, betoney said:

A quick tech tip, - when you loosen the 4 tank bolts, lift the tank and swing it around backward and rest it where the front seat would go. (rest it on a towel)  It gives you completely unrestricted access to the ECU and airbox.  You can keep all of the lines connected.

Wow really, that doesn't twist the fuel lines and cause its own problems?

Thanks for tip!

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, mikerbiker said:

Wow really, that doesn't twist the fuel lines and cause its own problems?

Thanks for tip!

It doesn't twist anything if you rotate it 180 degrees and return it the same way to the forward position.  I have been using that method since the day I bought the bike, even with a full tank of fuel.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2019 at 3:56 PM, mikerbiker said:

Well I got my GT900 ecu flashed by Vcyclenut in FLA.  I'm in NJ so kept it on the east coast for simplicity.

I took it out last Saturday morning, got to post office around noon, and it came back to my house this morning!  

I'll report in when I ride a bit.  Weather's not the best this weekend.

What I learned:  I broke the ecu connector tabs when removing.  They should be squeezed upwards towards connectors.  I guessed wrong and pressed them downward w flat blade and they both broke.

There's more plastic on this bike compared to my last one but now having removed them seem pretty straightforward.

Thanks Vcyclenut for quick turnaround!

mikerbiker i am also from NJ i just got the GT. I am looking to go the same route you went. do you have any problems with your flash? thanks

15 hours ago, dt192 said:

mikerbiker i am also from NJ i just got the GT. I am looking to go the same route you went. do you have any problems with your flash? thanks

Following as well....im in nyc, however i got a '17 fj(however im thinking about going with a gt model). Anyway looking fwd for some reviews as well

• Premium Member

I posted this in message but should also update this thread.  Now have 3,400 miles on bike:

I went w vcyclenut in FLA for the flash.  A-mode, which I prefer, is still a little jerky in 4k-6k range.  Better than stock however.  STD-mode is butter smooth.  If I'm doing alot of mid-speed curves, I'll switch to STD.  Else I keep it in A and enjoy the ride.

Archived