900 GT V-Stream screens are on the street

whistler

• Supporting Member

For those interested.  BTW, I think Nat'l Cycle has their product descriptions reversed (relative to windshield height, type, etc).  You'll see what I mean when you get there.

Update 06 Feb '19:  They fixed their mismatched labels between the Sport and Touring models.

http://www.nationalcycle.com/index.php/catalog/category/view/id/6598

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I am going to order one after some measuring today.  Have had their screens on my FJRs and a riding buddy has one on an FJ-09 and likes it.  I think he has the middle size.

Will report in when things are rideable here.  Maybe not too soon...

• Premium Member

I bought a Givi shield for my FJ09.   After I got it, and obviously before I took it off, I went for a ride with the stock shield in the lower position.  If I had done that before I may not have gotten an aftermarket shield.  It took the wind roar off my helmet and wasn't uncomfortable anywhere.  But I like the Givi too.  

15 hours ago, fjray said:

I bought a Givi shield for my FJ09.   After I got it, and obviously before I took it off, I went for a ride with the stock shield in the lower position.  If I had done that before I may not have gotten an aftermarket shield.  It took the wind roar off my helmet and wasn't uncomfortable anywhere.  But I like the Givi too.  

I have the Givi sport screen and to be honest I still get the wind aimed at the top of my visor which causes a lot of helmet noise. It does protect my body a lot better than the standard screen though. I am 5ft 10.

Anyone tried the MRA X-creen windshield extention? I had the Sport version on my previous bike and was very happy with it. Yesterday was browsing  Amazon.ca and found the same screen there for a third of original price due to damaged packaging. Bought it on the spot. Unfortunately, won't be able to try it until the damn winter ends.

21 hours ago, fjray said:

No change for me. I'm thinking im at the right height where lowered it hits the top my chin and all the way up blows it right into my facemask. All the way up the sheld sits I think at shoulder level to me.  I rode a VulcanS (very fun bike) with no screen for 6 months or so and I dont remember that much wind in my face. Definately more wind than my Honda Shadow I just got rid of (Windshield about chin level. On the interstate if I tucked my head about 3 inches it was super quiet).

I'm short (5'5") I think the adjustable windshield is too gimmicky. It would have been cool if adjustment was like 6" or so, I dont feel 3" is much difference.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:03 PM, Luma46 said:

Anyone tried the MRA X-creen windshield extention? I had the Sport version on my previous bike and was very happy with it. Yesterday was browsing  Amazon.ca and found the same screen there for a third of original price due to damaged packaging. Bought it on the spot. Unfortunately, won't be able to try it until the damn winter ends.

On your MRA sports screen that you had ..... did you fit the push on piping ? As mine is being a real pain to fit properly.

• Supporting Member
On 2/23/2019 at 11:09 AM, edgarjessop12 said:

On your MRA sports screen that you had ..... did you fit the push on piping ? As mine is being a real pain to fit properly.

FWIW, I also use the MRA screen, and I didn't bother with the piping.  Works just fine for me, Edgar.

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

• Supporting Member
On 2/23/2019 at 11:09 AM, edgarjessop12 said:

It's easier to put on when the piping is soft and pliable. put it out in the sun on a black surface a on hot day or use a heat gun or hair dryer. Also, use a mixture of dish soap and water so it slides on easier (like what you would use to mount tires with).

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Archived