Moving seat

Got my first bit of corners with fj. Notice the factory seat flexes alot under my tall fat ass. So while im moving around the rear tab pops in and out quite a bit. I getting a aftermarket seat. The corbin looks ugly but they are 1 piece, so wondering if it will eliminate the issue.  What about the terry or sargent being one piece still do the same? Has anyone else had the issue as well, does an aftermarket seat fix the issue?

I keep mine in the high position.

34 minutes ago, DavidS said:

my corbin seat doesn't move

Nor does my BAGSTER seat - rock solid once the rear of the rider's seat is karate-chopped down very firmly indeed into the lock.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

8 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Nor does my BAGSTER seat - rock solid once the rear of the rider's seat is karate-chopped down very firmly indeed into the lock.

Are those 2 piece or one? They website wont load for me

13 hours ago, limpy88 said:

Got my first bit of corners with fj. Notice the factory seat flexes alot under my tall fat ass. So while im moving around the rear tab pops in and out quite a bit. I getting a aftermarket seat. The corbin looks ugly but they are 1 piece, so wondering if it will eliminate the issue.  What about the terry or

sargent being one piece still do the same? Has anyone else had the issue as well, does an aftermarket seat fix the issue?

I keep mine in the high position.

11 hours ago, DavidS said:

my corbin seat doesn't move

my oem seat does not move, my yamaha comfort seat does not move either, both in high position.

it sounds to me, you have not moved the plastic bracket in the right position if you are using the high position, thats the reason why your seat is moving around!

look into the manual, they'll explain it with pictures.

4 hours ago, limpy88 said:

Are those 2 piece or one? They website wont load for me

Two-piece, made on BAGSTER's own bases so you wouldn't have to provide your own.   I ordered mine through an Italian m/cycle accessories house called MOTOSTORM - try <motostorm.it>.   Current cost appears to be EU297 plus shipping, but non-EU residents don't pay EU VAT (sales tax).   Shipped to me here in Oz all-up it cost me $443, = USD$314 if my dodgy arithmetic holds up.   Beautifully-made, customisible to some degree, a work of art, and suits my bony ass to a tee!

P1050072.JPG

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Two-piece, made on BAGSTER's own bases so you wouldn't have to provide your own.   I ordered mine through an Italian m/cycle accessories house called MOTOSTORM - try <motostorm.it>.   Current cost appears to be EU297 plus shipping, but non-EU residents don't pay EU VAT (sales tax).   Shipped to me here in Oz all-up it cost me $443, = USD$314 if my dodgy arithmetic holds up.   Beautifully-made, customisible to some degree, a work of art, and suits my bony ass to a tee!

P1050072.JPG

Wordsmith that is a nice looking seat. Does it help with the sliding into the tank and crushing the family jewels?

He who dies with the most toys wins.

10 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

Wordsmith that is a nice looking seat. Does it help with the sliding into the tank and crushing the family jewels?

In a few words, rr - I haven't experienced any gonad-grinding!   That seat is on the lower position...   I tend to push my ass back towards the rear of the seat, leaving a finger's width between butt and rise of the pillion perch.

On 3/31/2019 at 11:18 AM, Tracerracer said:

my oem seat does not move, my yamaha comfort seat does not move either, both in high position.

it sounds to me, you have not moved the plastic bracket in the right position if you are using the high position, thats the reason why your seat is moving around!

look into the manual, they'll explain it with pictures.

Its all in the correct postion. Just went through the whole proscees again to make sure. I can flex the seat by hande on the bike.

23 hours ago, stumpy said:

terrys seat is built on the oem pan.  i have both terrys and a sargent...neither move.  must just be your fat ass.  lol

Thanks. Lol  I'm 255 lbs with out gear and 6'1"

23 hours ago, wordsmith said:

I ordered mine through an Italian m/cycle accessories house called MOTOSTORM - try <motostorm.it>.

P1050072.JPG

I order alot of my givi stuf through them. But the seat says tracer so a, no go for me. Thanks for the pic.

Reminds me of a true occurrence some years ago.   Three of us were sitting silently on a bench, idly watching the world go by, bikes parked nearby.

Bloke #1.   (apropos of nothing at all) - "Just bought a new seat fer me bike".

Bloke #2    (after a decent pause) - "'ow wide is it?"

Bloke # 1   (another long pause) - "'bout eighteen inches".

Bloke # 2   (incredulously, immediately) - "kerrist - woddyer gonna do with yer other cheek?"

True tale!   Happy days...

Archived