Goodbye Screen

Just wanna check with the guys in here. You know how when you switch off the bike, there will be a black background with a white Yamaha logo on the screen just before the bike switches off for good.

Just happened today that when I switched it off, the screen was white and the Yamaha logo was red. Anyone encountered this before? And what's the reason? Is this some Easter egg Yamaha created for the bike?

3 hours ago, Broadsword said:

Just wanna check with the guys in here. You know how when you switch off the bike, there will be a black background with a white Yamaha logo on the screen just before the bike switches off for good.

Just happened today that when I switched it off, the screen was white and the Yamaha logo was red. Anyone encountered this before? And what's the reason? Is this some Easter egg Yamaha created for the bike?

Well I can tell you it didn't happen to me today and I turned my bike on and off a few times :)

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2019 at 9:40 AM, StealthAu said:

Never really looked at the screen when turning it off, but I'm wondering if it is something to do with the light level sensor that changes screen display colours. 

Nope. Be it day or night it always is black. It happens randomly, day or night

On 4/13/2019 at 3:59 PM, Broadsword said:

I just noticed the same thing yesterday (first ride of the season) - was a black logo for most times and then randomly once it was red.

Turn on and back off again and it was black again.

I was having something even more bizarre happening with my GT late last season. Every once in awhile, when turning the ignition to the "On" position (not even starting the bike) - the whole central portion of the TFT screen stayed black. Eg. No dash lights other than the ones around the perimeter of the screen.

My dealer worked with Yamaha Canada and they hadn't seen it before so they swapped out the whole dash. I was also having some funkiness with my turn signals at the same time, where they were doing this dot-dot-dash (think Morse Code) blinking which apparently is some code that means something to the technicians.

No issues with the dash staying blank yesterday, but I did notice the turn signals doing that dot-dot-dash thing again. Looks like I need to call the dealer again...

Rob

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

Noticed same white background with red Yamaha logo on my Tracer. It happen randomly and appear to happen few time in some days and no show for weeks/month. Don't really know the reason. I noticed it appears more frequent when ambient temperature is hot.

• 3 months later...

Gremlins!!

My FJ displays a cheery "See you next time"  message at shutdown. :)

Edited by nhchris
  • Thumbsup 2
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09