Definitive: 193.5 mile fuel range

On 7/25/2019 at 3:37 AM, whistler said:

I gotta be doing something wrong.  My mpg is still really good after 7,800 miles or so.  My last tank gave me 53.9 mpg; >258 miles per tank.  I usually average around 51-52 mpg.  My commuting speeds are all over the map; the commute in this morning averaged 80 mph in the fast lane.  Weird...

I still fill up around 200 miles on Trip 1, though.  I like having that buffer.  

Well, perhaps you have a really smooth hand on the throttle? I can't seem to average better than 43, even just cruisin' around; the bike is just too much fun when you lay into the throttle, for me, I guess.

21 minutes ago, Larz said:

@CoopAh, perhaps then it's the new tits 🤨 ( Mods: please read as "bits" 😀

(damnit Coop,I'm trying really hard this time around to keep "Little Johnny" under restraint)

just got new rubber 'bout 200 miles ago, Conti Road Attack 3s, really liking 'em, sticky and the profile really seems to complement the bikes chassis

But no, I think more likely a tank of shite gas....

I've got  a set of R5's awaiting their turn.  Bad gas is pretty common around here.  I try using the high volume stations, but they are not always handy on the back roads. 

3 minutes ago, Coop said:

I've got  a set of R5's awaiting their turn.  Bad gas is pretty common around here.  I try using the high volume stations, but they are not always handy on the back roads. 

Yep, gassed at shite 7-11 cuz I was low, probably the culprit.

I was going with the Michelin's, really can't go wrong with them, figured they'd last the longest out of the decent performing tires, but reading too much (as usual) read some stuff 'bout the Conti by some  FJ riders, sounded good. 

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Yep, gassed at shite 7-11 cuz I was low, probably the culprit.

I was going with the Michelin's, really can't go wrong with them, figured they'd last the longest out of the decent performing tires, but reading too much (as usual) read some stuff 'bout the Conti by some  FJ riders, sounded good. 

I got hooked on Pilot Roads when they made more noise that the engine and felt good in the rain.  The best tire luck I had was when I got a nail in the oem BattleAxes at 1500 miles.  Great excuse for new PR's.  I've never tried Conti's but might down the road.

• Thumbsup 1