MT-09 Tail tidy

The older Tracer and MT09 tail tidies won't fit the GT due to the hard luggage. The only one that I know of that will fit is the R&G one but the indicators get hidden behind the boxes.

The MT-09 doesn't have hard panniers so tail tidies will be too wide for the GT.

Be careful when buying tail tidies for the GT as they often don't bother factoring in the panniers. Evotech had this and in an email they told me they should fit even though i clearly demonstrated to them that they won't by providing measurements. They now carry a disclaimer saying they won't fit with hard luggage but still list them as compatible with the GT. Go figure??!!! R&G racing are the only ones i saw that actually have a pic with the tail tidy and panniers so they are the only ones i would trust at this stage.

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

The R&G tail tidy for 2019 Tracer GT will work on older FJ-09's. I have a 2015 and it went on with no problems. 

The turn signals will be behind the sidecases when they are on. And the original "pumpkins" may fit but it will be close. Too close to call without actually trying it. 

20190822_164157.jpg

20190822_164441.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

I found a good use for the number plate mounting steelwork this morning.

I have a Kriega 1litre? pouch ( they are intended to go on the strap of a Kriega Rucksack) that I keep a few tools in.

It is too bulky for underseat storage and I have been scratching my head where to put it.

The pouch fits perfectly along the steel work. I have supplemented the velcro strap with a releasable zip tie.

Job done.

Edited by flyfifer

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, flyfifer said:

I found a good use for the number plate mounting steelwork this morning.

I have a Kriega 1litre? pouch ( they are intended to go on the strap of a Kriega Rucksack) that I keep a few tools in.

It is too bulky for underseat storage and I have been scratching my head where to put it.

The pouch fits perfectly along the steel work. I have supplemented the velcro strap with a releasable zip tie.

Job done.

Pictures. or it never happened

• Thumbsup 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, flyfifer said:

Black pouch, on black metalwork, under the bike ----- never going to be a pic worth seeing.

🙁

• 10 months later...
  • Supporting Member
7 minutes ago, fireman1028 said:

I plan on going with the R&G Tail Tidy

You don't HAVE to spend that much on a tail tidy, its just a piece of stamped metal and they are all basically the same.  R&G, Puig and Yoshimura are some of the most overpriced ones out there.

I'm just trying to save you some money, the R&G piece is 6x the cost of the one that @2and3cylinders linked.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, fireman1028 said:

I plan on going with the R&G Tail Tidy and the Integrated Taillight setup from Blaster X.

+1 on Blaster X's tail lights.  Excellent product...my opinion only.

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

• 10 months later...
On 5/31/2019 at 12:28 AM, bugie said:

The MT-09 doesn't have hard panniers so tail tidies will be too wide for the GT.

Be careful when buying tail tidies for the GT as they often don't bother factoring in the panniers. Evotech had this and in an email they told me they should fit even though i clearly demonstrated to them that they won't by providing measurements. They now carry a disclaimer saying they won't fit with hard luggage but still list them as compatible with the GT. Go figure??!!! R&G racing are the only ones i saw that actually have a pic with the tail tidy and panniers so they are the only ones i would trust at this stage.

Just wanted to say thanks for this post and good info ,👍,I was just about to order one from Evotech ,,