My "new" Blue Tracer GT

Larz

21 hours ago, Larz said:

@fjrpittsburgh rattle-can Plasti-dip is pretty easy to work with- surface prep is just cleaning with a de-greaser like Windex.  Best part if you mess it up just wait till it dries and you can peel it off and start over- easy peasy, man :)

Old?  Is your other bike a GOLDWING?

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Larz said:

I want to play with some different colors/schemes ( white and black police bike, hmmm... )

Now there is an interesting idea.  Black and white with red accents?  👍

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

9 hours ago, Larz said:

@StealthAuThanks man. Gosh, I wish it was my idea 🤩 but it's not 🤔 been done by many- I first got into it on my Harley- lots of kids with Dynas on a HD forum were doin' it to their bikes. 

I was refering to your colour scheme. 

I've also used plasti-dip over the years to visualise ideas before committing to them. 

• Thumbsup 1

@Cooptake off seats; take off the grab rails; take off the small plastic cover underneath;  undo the plastic connectors on the bottom of the tail section- all except the very forward one (push pin) are twist off; undo the bolt by the tank; ok now you can turn it over and undo the one screw and the star rings holding the sliver pod on

Edited by Larz

27 minutes ago, Larz said:

@Cooptake off seats; take off the grab rails; take off the small plastic cover underneath;  undo the plastic connectors on the bottom of the tail section- all except the very forward one (push pin) are twist off; undo the bolt by the tank; ok now you can turn it over and undo the one screw and the star rings holding the sliver pod on

Thanks Larz, that sounds easier that the schematic shows.  That silver panel looks like a great place for a powerlet.  

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
On 7/13/2019 at 8:50 AM, Larz said:

Thanks folks, appreciate the comments 🙂

@wordsmithyeah the colors are fairly close for a cell phone camera ( Google Pixel 2a: pretty decent camera) I imagine you can get Plasti-dip in Oz, there's a nice Metallized black- you might think about it instead of regular paint; more scratch resistant and if it gets mucked up easy redo ( my gloss pannier lids at 5k are already showing some scratches on top just from day- to -day use)

@runnerhikeryeah man, it's got a kinda "Giant Blueberry" thing going on,eh 😆

@StealthAuThanks man. Gosh, I wish it was my idea 🤩 but it's not 🤔 been done by many- I first got into it on my Harley- lots of kids with Dynas on a HD forum were doin' it to their bikes. 

@fjrpittsburghcouple of important things about rattle-can Plasti-dip: shake the can while spraying a lot more than regular paint- like every 3 or so passes. If it's some of the luxury metal series stuff don't try to use the last 20% of the can,  it won't come out the same. It is surprisingly durable, but don't use bug&tar removers or citrus based cleaners on it... 

@Coop Damn coop, high praise from you, man😎 ( I love this bike, haven't ridden my other bikes in a month now. But  Yamaha tried to make it look like an "old man's" bike with a conservative color scheme- I maybe gettin' old at 60, but I don't wanna ride a bike that looks  "age appropriate" just yet 😑 

Larz.

I like the windshield on your GT, which one is that?

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

@runnerhikerThe MRA sport touring screen in smoke grey ( touring.... hmmm, compared to a naked bike, sure)

I like it a lot better than the stocker- more attractive and its more aerodynamic, throws a much smaller, smoother turbulence "wake". However, I'm 5'7" and my noggin is completely out of the protection of the shield at freeway speeds....

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

I think you'll like it, Runnerhiker.  To echo Larz...it takes the turbulence right out of the wind.  Nice and clean and bobble-free.

• Thumbsup 1
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

9 hours ago, whistler said:

I think you'll like it, Runnerhiker.  To echo Larz...it takes the turbulence right out of the wind.  Nice and clean and bobble-free.

Somebody has been reading too many Yogi Berra quotes.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Coop said:

Somebody has been reading too many Yogi Berra quotes.

"Nobody goes to Coney Island anymore, it's too crowded". Yogi

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA