Givi tanklock bags

This read reminded me that I hate my Givi Tanklock XS307 so much, that I went out and removed the ring from my bike. 🤣

Seriously though, it’s been straight up garbage, and I say that as someone who loves my Givi racks, side cases, and topbox. My first 307 had the locking plate misaligned by about 20 degrees, which isn’t the end of the world, but poor for a 150$ bag. The second one had all the zipper pulls fall off in less than a year, and the ring design was an absolute PITA to use with California fuel nozzles. 

I hope the rest of y’all had better luck or actually enjoy the bags. If you’re looking at Givi though, skip the tankbags and stick with their luggage. 

I just wear a backpack now. 

ETA: I forgot the sand. When I think Givi, I usually think of adventurous riding. Do NOT get sand anywhere near the locking ring. You have to disassemble it to get it to work again. 

Edited by angrygirafe

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, peporter said:

Tank lock releases with a tug of a lanyard on the front of the bag. It is very inconspicuous. The only caution is to make sure it is snapped on to the front of the bag before you re-mount it after a fill up. And the bag might need a firm push to get it locked in place. As you can see, my bike is a '15, and this was the first farkle for it. I love it!

I have had one of these for a few years as well on my 2015 Tracer and also think it looks as though it belongs on this tank.  The bag follows the lines and curve of the tank perfectly without rubbing the c#$p out of the paintwork.  Also comes with it's own raincoat.

For me at 7L capacity, it fits just the right balance of being not too big to be a lump in front of you nor too small that you can't fit the most 'needed to hand' items.

Also should mention that you can 'lock' it to the tank lock ring from inside the bag if you want a little bit more security when away from the bike should someone find that inconspicuous lanyard.

Tank bag.jpg

20 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Got the givi ea123 today, looks lower to the tank,  if you know what I mean. Dimensions are 8 inch wide,  9 inch long, 4 inch deep. I got 2 cans of baked beans 410g and a 1kg bag of sugar in no probs. That fills it pretty much. So I would say, ideal for day rides, water, snack etc.. sorry no photos,  not clever enough. 

Dodgy Knees, 

Are there any hooks or loops, for clipping keys to or other small items ---- in the ea123?

I asked GIVI about the MT05 height specification.

They advised that 190mm is the expanded height and the "normal" height is 150mm.

The spec dimensions are 190x280x220

Even using 150mm rather than 190mm gives a volume of 9.2litres,  nearly double the specified 5 litres. The only explanation is that a lot of the volume is taken up by padding. ???

Anybody know different ??

Edit.

And then I found this 

270 X 200 x160 = 8.6 litres.

What size is the BAG 🤔🤔🤔😟

Edited by flyfifer

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

@mingowhich Givi model fuel tank ring are you using?  And which tank bag?  Search the forum for other threads as there is discussion of the two rings.  Based on that I ordered the lower profile ring, which it seems would be more likely to cause your situation, yet I have had no trouble with the 7 liter bag dazzler24 posted about or a 14 liter version.

recently I bought a used 2.5 liter expandable to 5 liter bag and at first the front attachment points would not click in.  With a little pushing & persuasion from inside the bag it seated, and leaving it on the bike is pushing up the material at front of bag making on/off easier.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread but just checking to see if using the BF23 ring allows the bag to clear the bolts at the front of the tank.  I have an older Givi tank bag but it's in great shape.  If I can make it work, it'll allow me to just use the panniers and not the top box.