Flash Me

tinkerfreak

Just wondering if anyone has given this chap a try Jsflashtune and what your experience was like. I know that state side I can get the flash done for $250 US right now, but once you add in shipping and insurance it is going to be close to $500 canuck and this guy is a one hour drive for me so hopefully no one will get offended by this post.

Cheers

• Supporting Member

Best value for money is king, and if it happens to be an hour away from you... bonus. Wish I had known about this guy before sending stateside. That said, Vcyclenut was a good value at $200 USD + shipping. Probably around $350 CAD when all done and on the bike. Will pay another $65 CAD in shipping to have it reflashed for the slip-on.

Edited by piotrek

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, mingo said:

Where is he located? Can he flash the ECU thru the data port or does the tank have to be removed to remove the ECU? If you get it done, please report on your findings. Thank you. 

He's in the GTA - not sure about exact location, but you can find/message him on FB and Instagram. Apparently he is very responsive.

Cheers,

Rob

15 hours ago, mingo said:

Where is he located? Can he flash the ECU thru the data port or does the tank have to be removed to remove the ECU? If you get it done, please report on your findings. Thank you. 

Have not hear of anyone being able to flash the ECU through the data port.  Pretty certain it requires removing the ECU, which on this bike is not difficult.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, mingo said:

I messaged him and that's what he said. He suggested doing a dyno test first to see if a flash is worth while or not. He's located in Newmarket. 

While a good "canned flash" will be a 99% improvement and will satisfy most riders, there is no denying that a personalized dyno tune would be the absolute best option since it is specifically done ONLY on your machine.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, hammer said:

I have used his service. See the locked thread about a ECU toronto flash.

Are you happy with the flash and if you don't mind me asking what changes did you get him to make. If you have his contact info can you message it to me.

Cheers