Fitting a DENALI SOUNDBOMB MINI 113DB HORN

13 hours ago, larolco said:

Yes, a relay is probably advisable. That's the setup I have on my Suzuki, but the relay was already there for a Stebel I threw in the garbage. Two Fiamms might work together without a relay. Horns are a quick draw and done. Not like headlights or something that are a continuous draw. Well, if you ride in New York, it might be a different story. 

Lots of FJR guys riding around with dual PIAA slim line horns w/no relay w/no issues, but then a lot of those had dual horns originally from the get-go.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got the Denali soundbomb split version on my tracer. Everyone ignore my horn before. Now only half the time (South Florida). Sounds like a truck. 

The split is nice. I found a nice "hollow" space under the tank for the air compressor and the air lines just run up front. Horn is mounted right next to the dinky OEM horn. Both sound off when I hit the horn. Maybe a quarter second delay on the air horn. Sounds almost like 2 vehicles honking at each other. 

5 hours ago, Bimbim18 said:

The split is nice. I found a nice "hollow" space under the tank for the air compressor ...

Any chance of a picture of the compressor location?

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

Probably not without removing my gas tank. I'll see if there's any wierd angle that I can see it from.

Can't miss it though if you remove the fuel tank there's a part of the from that goes sideways. I just put some rubber to reduce vibration and zip tied it down to the frame.

Edited by Bimbim18
  • Thumbsup 1

5 hours ago, Bimbim18 said:

Probably not without removing my gas tank. I'll see if there's any wierd angle that I can see it from.

Can't miss it though if you remove the fuel tank there's a part of the from that goes sideways. I just put some rubber to reduce vibration and zip tied it down to the frame.

OK, thanks. Might be a project for the first time I have to replace my air filter.

9 hours ago, Bimbim18 said:

I know it's hard to tell what's what in those pics, but it's obvious where I put it once you get that tank off. 

Thanks for the effort. 🙂