Fitting a DENALI SOUNDBOMB MINI 113DB HORN

Hi All, another day in Paradise  Isolation !

Can anyone who has fitted the Denali Soundbomb Mini 113db Horn to their GT please tell me whether the oem horn has "blade style electrical connections" as it states in the product requirements? (I'm not able to go and look at my bike as it isn't in the same place as I'm isolating in )

If not, what is involved in successfully fitting this horn to a GT?

If so, is it REALLY a simple 'plug n' play' as advertised (I'm always a little sceptical of anything being advertised as that easy).

Thanks in advance for any useful input.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by bowlin01

Yes it's blade type connections so no need to mess with the wiring.

I fitted one last year, sorry no pictures. I think I took the old horn off complete with the mounting bracket. Mounted the Denali back on using the original bracket and not the one supplied in the box. I also shaved a bit off the horn mouth as I felt it was quite close to the brake hose near the top of the forks. I supose it will depend on how you angle it......

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, bowlin01 said:

Can anyone who has fitted the Denali Soundbomb Mini 113db Horn to their GT please tell me whether the oem horn has "blade style electrical connections" as it states in the product requirements? (I'm not able to go and look at my bike as it isn't in the same place as I'm isolating in )

If so, is it REALLY a simple 'plug n' play' as advertised (I'm always a little sceptical of anything being advertised as that easy).

Cheers

Steve

Yes, blade style connectors and it truly is plug and play.  The horn might not be much louder but it is much less high pitched, more like a car horn.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

Yes, blade style connectors and it truly is plug and play.  The horn might not be much louder but it is much less high pitched, more like a car horn.

Thanks for the replies @mickey63 and @betoney

Not much louder you say? Might be better off with the (slightly) louder compact version then? (Although that doesn't mention 'plug & play' functionality).

hhmmm...will have to ponder a bit more, the oem horn is useless!!!

Cheers

Steve

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, bowlin01 said:

Thanks for the replies @mickey63 and @betoney

Not much louder you say? Might be better off with the (slightly) louder compact version then? (Although that doesn't mention 'plug & play' functionality).

hhmmm...will have to ponder a bit more, the oem horn is useless!!!

Cheers

Steve

I think someone did a decibel test and found it wasn't much louder on a decibel scale but was much lower in tone.   Its plenty loud without being an air horn, like I said previously, the tone now sounds like a car horn.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

17 minutes ago, betoney said:

I think someone did a decibel test and found it wasn't much louder on a decibel scale but was much lower in tone.   Its plenty loud without being an air horn, like I said previously, the tone now sounds like a car horn.

oh go on then, isolation induced internet shopping is a terrible thing, I'll order one now.

Thanks

Steve

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member

@bowlin01I'm very happy with the volume of the Sound Bomb Mini, it's almost as loud as my old Goldwing horn. Much more effective than the anemic stock horn.

• Thumbsup 3

He who dies with the most toys wins.

10 hours ago, bowlin01 said:

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

I fitted one back in September last year, very easy plug & play, didn't need any modifications. Very pleased with the result as you'll see on my previous post below.

I have a thing with horns doing what they are meant to do so also upgraded the horn on my car (Mitsubishi Pajero) with a Stebel Nautilus air-horn which I originally bought for a previous bike but proved too big so has been sitting in my workshop, works a treat on the 4WD.

Happy isolation, same situation here in Perth Western Australia, make the best of it.

Cheers,

Michael

DenaliSoundBombMini.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

If you want a real attention-getting horn, you will note that North American automobile horns are actually a pair, each with a different note.  It's that dual note, together with a decent mechanism, that gives the classic car-horn sound.  

Interestingly, locomotive (train) horns have 4 notes.

If you want a REALLY good horn, go to the auto-wrecker's and pick the 4 note horn set from an early 2000s Cadillac.  Now THAT's a horn!

If you decide to use an automobile horn set, do wire in a power relay to spare the horn button in the switch cluster.

Edited by BrianG
  • Thumbsup 2

• 10 months later...

Funnily enough, I just fitted my used (off my 2015 Triumph Tiger sport 1050) Denali Soundbomb mini onto my 2019 Tracer gt900. Took almost 4 minutes. Would have been slightly less if I'd known the mounting bolts were 10mm and not what I thought were 12's..... It's definitely plug and play, turned on my ignition, quick blip of the horn button and the familiar breathy honk greeted me! Well worth the upgrade even if it's not massively louder, it is definitely a different tone that gets the attention of, well, everyone!

• Thumbsup 1

2 minutes ago, Ride365 said:

Then you’d need a relay. 😆 

Yes, a relay is probably advisable. That's the setup I have on my Suzuki, but the relay was already there for a Stebel I threw in the garbage. Two Fiamms might work together without a relay. Horns are a quick draw and done. Not like headlights or something that are a continuous draw. Well, if you ride in New York, it might be a different story. 

• Thumbsup 1