Air temperature label on dash

On the LCD dash on the GT bikes, there’s a label that’s either “LN” or “IN” (with different cases) before the air temperature reading. Anybody know what this label actually is? I can’t in my head construct an acronym or a units measure that makes sense, and it doesn’t seem like it should be “in”, given that this reading would be labelled “out” in a car. Also, all the other category labels on the dash are all-caps, so these lower-case letters don’t match. Love to hear the answer, as this bugs me every time I see it and don’t know how to read it (because I know it's not a natural logarithm).

Edited by Torinreality

Yup, it's intake air temp.  This is to differentiate it from coolant temp.

Edit:

The selectable data you can display (you can customize these by the way, in the menu) includes A. Temp and C. Temp.  These are Air Temperature (corresponding to the "In" intake temp) and Coolant Temperature.  As A Temp always equals the In Temp that's always visible, I dunno why you'd every bother having it be one of the two bits of info to show.

Edited by Wintersdark

10 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Yup, it's intake air temp.  This is to differentiate it from coolant temp.

Edit:

The selectable data you can display (you can customize these by the way, in the menu) includes A. Temp and C. Temp.  These are Air Temperature (corresponding to the "In" intake temp) and Coolant Temperature.  As A Temp always equals the In Temp that's always visible, I dunno why you'd every bother having it be one of the two bits of info to show.

Not always. It depends on the sensor’s location. Many bikes (including the FJ not sure about the MT) use a separate sensor mounted on the RH side of the frame under the plastics.

intake air temp sensor is ALWAYS located in the air stream, usually the air box. 

-Skip