• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Whiny Engine

As far as driveline noise goes, the only thing I've noticed is a bit of primary drive/primary driven gear whine at around 60 mph in higher gears. Of course this is heard on the right clutch side of the bike, not the chain and sprocket side. The whine was common on the Royal Star Ventures, although it never led to any failures, Yamaha would swap out the clutch baskets for a small number of customers to "move" the whine to a different RPM that the customer may not normally cruise at.

Hey all!  
Just picked up my FJ this week and it's incredible! One thing I noticed is the engine seems to "whine" at certain gears. I haven't noticed a pattern yet. Is this normal? 
Easy fix:  Ear Plugs. 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Just picked up my FJ this week and it's incredible! One thing I noticed is the engine seems to "whine" at certain gears. I haven't noticed a pattern yet. Is this normal? 
Easy fix:  Ear Plugs. 

This: 
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/akrapovic-exhaust-system-yamaha-fz-09-fj-09?utm_source=product&kwd=&kpid=950555&gclid=CIWB_b-r3cQCFdgagQod27EAJw

plus a little less reticence with the right wrist, ought to solve the problem nicely.

Hope that helps, no charge!
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• 3 years later...

Archived