Looking for motorcycle moving companies.

• Supporting Member

Unfortunately I will be leaving Eastern Pennsylvania and all the great twisty roads that I love, for south Western Florida😢 I'm looking to have 5 bikes shipped down, do any of you have any recommendations, advice or companies to avoid?

Thanks

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
25 minutes ago, koth442 said:

Here for the comments.

There's some decent racetracks in Florida. Trackdays are seriously fun!

I went to school in Florida and raced in the AAMRR series back in the day. Unfortunately with 36 pieces of metal in my neck and nerve damage my track days are over. The neck is a result of a few high sides back when I was indestructible! 

• Sad 2

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, roadrash83 said:

Unfortunately I will be leaving Eastern Pennsylvania and all the great twisty roads that I love, for south Western Florida😢

So sorry to hear that. 😪

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, roadrash83 said:

Unfortunately I will be leaving Eastern Pennsylvania and all the great twisty roads that I love, for south Western Florida😢 I'm looking to have 5 bikes shipped down...

The Amtrak Auto Train will move em for cheap from Arlington VA to Orlando area.  They mount each bike on its own skid.  But you got to get em from Sanford to Naples or wherever yourself. 

Ahh, AAMRR. That was fun stuff.  Just curious, what happens when you go through the TSA metal detector?;)

Edited by nhchris
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

I used Federated Freight. and was pleased. Cost from Penn to Louisiana 469.00. Probably 6-7 years ago. Bought bike on Ebay.

motorcycle-300x200.jpg

Federal Motorcycle Transport | East Peoria, IL | Chicago...

Edited by tktplz
  • Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, nhchris said:

The Amtrak Auto Train will move em for cheap from Arlington VA to Orlando area.  They mount each bike on its own skid.  But you got to get em from Sanford to Naples or wherever yourself. 

Ahh, AAMRR. That was fun stuff.  Just curious, what happens when you go through the TSA metal detector?;)

Between the neck, aftermarket knee and plates in my legs. I always get special treatment 🙂

• Haha 1

I was going to recommend checking out uShip, because I used them twice in the past and  had good results.  Reading reviews of the company now, I would be very careful to find out what they will charge you for their service, what the trucker will charge and whether the trucker has a lot of very positive feedback from customers. There are a lot of highly pissed off reviewers here: 

uship.com

59 reviews for uShip, 1.9 stars: 'I signed up on UShip to...

Edited by justplainbill
  • Thumbsup 1

With 5 bikes have you thought about just renting a trip and hauling them down?  Of course everyone is moving from the NE to Florida so truck costs may be high.  Looked into shipping when my bike broke in Grand Island Nebraska.  No pickups to rent.  Looked into Haul Bikes but gave up as there was lots of fine print and unknown stuff - wound up repairing and then trading for a new Tracer GT which I rode home.  :-)

Edited by PhotoAl

• Supporting Member

Looks like I got lucky, I have found a moving company that will put the bikes in the truck. I still have to wait for the guy to come out and give me a quote and find out how they secure the bikes. All I care about is getting the bike and my tools down there safely. This really sucks, going from a house with a three car garage and basement to a two a car and no basement. 😟

• Sad 2

• Supporting Member
23 minutes ago, koth442 said:

That's abysmal. I hope there's another, greater, incentive to be relocating with a decent degree of certainty to have better motorcycle lodging accommodations soon. 

This is all being done to please the wife, remember happy wife happy life or something like that. I was told the lot behind the house might be going up for sale and if so, I will buy it and build a proper garage and replace all the stuff I had to sell and give away. I keep telling my self Richard Pollack of Mule motorcycles, works out of a two car garage.🙂

• Thumbsup 2