• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

2021 MT-09 Released

Clegg78

img.jpg?id=5f9357d82a0ab71e3c2e5b17&w=40

2021 Yamaha MT-09 Hyper Naked Motorcycle

New ECU, New Engine, New Chassis, New Swingarm, New suspension, New Wheels...  Excited to see what the Tracer version gets.   

(Note : There is 0% chance I would sell my 2019 for a 2021 Tracer GT even if it had all the neat bits of the MT-09....  Most of these improvements are neat, but not worth the loss of selling a bike I bought new in late 2019 and is still mostly new...  and you know what they say about first model year vehicles) :)

The new ECU/IMU from the R1 interests me the most in this announcement. 

Edited by Clegg78
  • Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

I got that notification this morning. Reading through all of the changes, it sounds like an entirely new bike.  Very interested to see what changes show up on the Tracer.

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Just now, keithu said:

For $9400 I feel like they should include a side panel to cover that rectifier. 

MT-09-side.png.7521b38a2f79d5cd39e9c4955fd60f44.png

Yeah I was thinking the same.  This isnt some garage build cafe racer where you just leave all that exposed, for 10K, clean that up a bit.  Also RRs get hot... that could leave a nice griddle mark on your thigh if you ride in shorts :)

1 minute ago, betoney said:

I got that notification this morning. Reading through all of the changes, it sounds like an entirely new bike.  Very interested to see what changes show up on the Tracer.

I've been paging through the detailed photos on the site.  The engine is completely different, I dont see one part that carries over from the outside!   This seriously limits the aftermarket parts for the bike for the short term.    But yeah, every single thing seems to be updated other than the rear brake :) 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, Clegg78 said:

I've been paging through the detailed photos on the site.  The engine is completely different, I dont see one part that carries over from the outside! 

I was thinking about your oil pan mishap while looking at the re-designed exhaust. The headers all tuck over to the right more, leaving the oil filter and drain pan more exposed. Hopefully an engine underguard is one of the first things the aftermarket produces. 

• Thumbsup 1

7 minutes ago, keithu said:

I was thinking about your oil pan mishap while looking at the re-designed exhaust. The headers all tuck over to the right more, leaving the oil filter and drain pan more exposed. Hopefully an engine underguard is one of the first things the aftermarket produces. 

I was also paying attention to that area of the engine :)   looks like they also removed the low oil level switch from the oil pan, curious if its internal now or if they just bailed on it.  (it is the sensor that bolts to the side/under of the oil pan on the current gen).    In general the sump still seems very exposed even with the big chonky exhaust. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

I dig this!   There is a lot to love on that SP :) 

Agree with you, the MT09 is a completely redesigned bike and the SP further improves on that. 👍🏻

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Yep, waiting on notification regarding a possible Tracer SP with all the new spec. (With an enclosed rectifier of course), Oh hell, someone will make an after market unit... I bought a hugger, I guess I could suck up a rectifier cover if I had to.

• Thumbsup 1