FJ-09 lowest OTD price thread. Dealers hate this thread lol

I used this thread when looking for my FJ-09... my 2 cents from California: 
Yamaha Roseville Yamaha Roseville 2015 FJ-09 - $7800

^called to get an OTD price and was quoted $10,300 after all fees and taxes (9.25% sales tax)

East Bay Motorsports East Bay Motorsports 2016 FJ-09 - 9300

^called to get an OTD price and was quoted $10,800 after all fees and taxes

Considering these prices I turned to Craigslist and got a 2015 FJ-09 with 2k miles for $7,200.

I couldn't be happier with this bike so far
That's been my experience exactly; these California dealers are the worst.  And you guys keep buying all the good bikes!  Ah well, soon enough I'll find a bike for myself.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been looking around and most dealers are asking $9k MSRP (i.e. not including fees, taxes, etc) for leftover 2015's. I found a few that quoted an OTD price of ~$8800 which I think is really reasonable. I was looking for a lightly used bike but there aren't that many out there (near me anyway) and most are asking $7500 for bikes with 5k mi + and few extras so IMO might as well pick up a new leftover...at least I'll not have to worry about what was (and was not) done to the bike previously.

I've been looking around and most dealers are asking $9k MSRP (i.e. not including fees, taxes, etc) for leftover 2015's. I found a few that quoted an OTD price of ~$8800 which I think is really reasonable. I was looking for a lightly used bike but there aren't that many out there (near me anyway) and most are asking $7500 for bikes with 5k mi + and few extras so IMO might as well pick up a new leftover...at least I'll not have to worry about what was (and was not) done to the bike previously.
$8800 sounds like a great deal. If I could have gotten one for that price I would be riding a new bike right now. Go for it!

• Premium Member
Just bought my 2015 FJ-09 from Freedom Powersports in McDonough Georga for 6495.00 advertised. OTD price was initially 8,500, but I got them down to 8,150 total paid. This dealer does have a 299 document fee. I wouldn't normally do business with a dealer with that kind of fee, but this OTD price was too good to pass up.

Also, some funny business happened with the customer cash incentive since I financed through Yamaha there was supposed to be 500 in customer cash. The dealer informed me (after the sale) that in order to get the advertised price to 6495, they applied the incentive to the price of the motorcycle and that I wouldn't get to see it.

For those of you that purchased at low OTD prices and used the Yamaha incentive, did you see the customer cash?

Just bought my 2015 FJ-09 from Freedom Powersports in McDonough Georga for 6495.00 advertised. OTD price was initially 8,500, but I got them down to 8,150 total paid. This dealer does have a 299 document fee. I wouldn't normally do business with a dealer with that kind of fee, but this OTD price was too good to pass up. 
Also, some funny business happened with the customer cash incentive since I financed through Yamaha there was supposed to be 500 in customer cash. The dealer informed me (after the sale) that in order to get the advertised price to 6495, they applied the incentive to the price of the motorcycle and that I wouldn't get to see it.

For those of you that purchased at low OTD prices and used the Yamaha incentive, did you see the customer cash?
The dealer that I talked to about the price I had earlier posted about was the cost with the incentive figured in so yes, dealers are rolling that into the advertised price in some cases. 

• Premium Member
The dealer that I talked to about the price I had earlier posted about was the cost with the incentive figured in so yes, dealers are rolling that into the advertised price in some cases.
Thanks Scuba. I wasn't sure if that was a common practice. It seems that whatever the advertised price is, the best OTD prices for the new 2015 models seem to be in the low 8k range after they finagle the taxes and fees.

• 1 month later...
So I was looking at a new XSR900, but I came across a dealer selling a '15 FJ 09 for $6999, no fees, plus tax. This is kind of an incredible deal, right? I think I could give up the slipper clutch and the other XSR improvements to save $3k or so...
You could install a slipper clutch, luggage, suspension, etc with all the savings...

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Archived