FJ-09 lowest OTD price thread. Dealers hate this thread lol

should have posted in this sooner, I got a brand new 2015 otd in petersburg wv for 7995 back in may of this year
OTD means Out The Door which should mean including tax and license.  In other words, the amount you write the check for.  Frankly, unless yours was a demonstrator I find your OTD price, if it was that, pretty unbelievable.  But I'm not challenging you, I just mean that's friggin' unbelievable!   

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the OTD quote:

Unit Sale Price:  $8999

Freight:  $504

Prep:  $225

Vehicle Tax:  $403.71

Sales Tax:  $2.51

Document Fees:  $313.88

Grand Total $10,448.10

just $1448 more than the $sale price...

Matt

Here's the OTD quote: 

Grand Total $10,448.10

Matt

Tell them to take the doc fees and prep fees and stick em where the sun doesnt shine. You shouldnt have to pay for them assembling the damn bike, and doc fees are bs too.

Here's the OTD quote: 

Grand Total $10,448.10

Matt

When we were looking at the leftover 2015 for Mary in May, there first OTD offer was like $11.2K. Knew a few things. Several people on the FZ-1 list had gotten OTD prices around $10,100-10,400 round the Country. Also knew (as a good friends wife works at a Dealership in TN), that Yamaha was offering a Dealer Hold-back of $550-650 depending on the Dealer & a Salesman's spiff of $150 on 2015's.  After talking with the General Manager twice, letting him hang himself "can't sell it for below my cost..." I informed him I was aware of the hold-back & salesman spiff & what other people were paying around the Country. There was a 10-15 second pause and he said "OK, what are you willing to pay?" I said don't care where you throw all the dollars in your OTD price breakdown, but I'll only pay $10K OTD. He agreed. 

• 2 weeks later...
should have posted in this sooner, I got a brand new 2015 otd in petersburg wv for 7995 back in may of this year
OTD means Out The Door which should mean including tax and license.  In other words, the amount you write the check for.  Frankly, unless yours was a demonstrator I find your OTD price, if it was that, pretty unbelievable.  But I'm not challenging you, I just mean that's friggin' unbelievable! 
I paid 7995 cash. had 0 miles on it.
no tag, bought it in WV and then took it to Va for tag, so a couple hundred more I guess, I forget the exact cost at DMV

And per a post I happened by on that *other* forum:
"Engelhart Motorsports (WI) still has their 1st two FZ-10's, but they also still have (1) 2015 FZ09 and (3) 2015 FJ"

http://www.engelhart.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventory#page=xNewInventory&make=yamaha&model=fj-09&d=on&t=new

With winter around the corner I'm expect they'll be flexible.

• 1 month later...
Any recent purchases of new '15-'17 FJ-09's? 
Are the deals getting better with the release of the '17's?
bought mine about 2 weeks ago. 10,9 otd for 2016 in Southern California.  They sold two 2015s earlier in the day for a couple hundred bucks more (so they said), so prices don't seem to be dropping much, if at all, on older models.  The problem is there's no difference between the 15, 16, and 17 models except for color, so no there's no real incentive for dealers to move the old bikes to make room for the new ones since its 6 of one and a half dozen of the other.

geographic location @brewhaha ? in cold weather locales you should be able to start at 18-20% off MSRP on the '16s and then add the fees. I'm not in the business of bike sales but I'm pretty sure 'uncrate and setup' is already paid for (in large part?) by the regional distributor so charging the customer for it is disingenuous. Some places were charging 3+ hours worth of labor rate which also seemed a tad rich.

I used this thread when looking for my FJ-09... my 2 cents from California:

Yamaha Roseville Yamaha Roseville 2015 FJ-09 - $7800

^called to get an OTD price and was quoted $10,300 after all fees and taxes (9.25% sales tax)

East Bay Motorsports East Bay Motorsports 2016 FJ-09 - 9300

^called to get an OTD price and was quoted $10,800 after all fees and taxes

Considering these prices I turned to Craigslist and got a 2015 FJ-09 with 2k miles for $7,200.

I couldn't be happier with this bike so far

Archived